Friday, October 06, 2006

News from the dork.

Where have I been? What have I been doing? Thursday I had a nice lunch out with my friends Carol and Robyn. Carol and Robyn are my mother-daughter sewing friends. I met them years ago when I used to have a little club at another quilt shop. Wonderful women and I'm priviledged to know them. We've been trying to schedule some time since July and just never seem to be all free at once.

We were supposed to meet up with Robyn at a local restaurant close to the school where she works. When we called to say we were running late she said come to the school, they've made lunch here! And what a lunch it was! Enchiladas, rice, salad, sodas, cake. Really great fun. Then we went back to Carol's for more chatting and catching up. Its been a busy summer for all of us, so we caught up on the kids and the families etc. I had a great day!

On the ride home there were some amazing clouds. Coming thru the canyon and over the grade I couldn't believe how white and billowy they were. Cliche clouds my friends!! The photos don't even capture how beautiful they were. But I know, it's not like you haven't seen some clouds before right? Still they're good looking and I really enjoyed them too.





This is on the backroad towards town. You can see the clouds getting darker. Wow, I wasn't home maybe half and hour and it began to pour HUGE FAT RAINDROPS. It was warm out and the windows were open, it smelled so good. It finally feels like fall here now. A little rain, some really cool weather, the change of the light, you can' t help but love it all.



I know it sounds dorky but I just couldn't help but feel happy. It was pretty out, I had a fun with my friends, my book on tape was awesome, it was just a super day all around. I hope you guys have a super day too!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good day. I just love this time of year when it's still sunny but you get that autumnal chill to the air, even the rain feels good.

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You DO have a Charmed Life! While you're out with your camera capturing super-cool clouds, I'm with mine in a low-rent parking lot taking a pic of a BAT.

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is a woman driving with a camera as dangerous as a woman driving while yakking on her cell phone? Just kidding my dear : )

10:55 AM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

I was doing both while putting on makeup! That's not dangerous is it?

11:00 AM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Oh and latebloomer, I believe that was a dead bat..

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even better!

11:11 AM  
Blogger laura capello said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day indeed.

I love the smell of autumnal rain.

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there!!..I was just Laughing pretty hard at the comment you left for posie (Alicia)today. Really...a true LOL!!

Love your blog...will be sure to visit daily!!!

and your Pups are killing me!!! the look on their faces on the chair!! What were you telling them? lol!!

Happy blogging!!
xoxo Jenny

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older