Sunday, January 14, 2007

The Scariest Place on Earth

Ok not really, but lets just say I'm not over my fear of heights. This weekend we were lucky to have a two-for deal at Disneyland and day two found us making a quick trip into California Adventure. That place is chock full of rides I'm never going to go on, like Tower of Terror. The whole idea of that door opening up at the top is enough to send me into a panic.



They might as well open those doors and dangle my feet over the edge. And speaking over the edge, I rode that Soaring over California ride. I remember some women talking about that ride at the shop, they were older Grandma style ladies, so I figured if they could take it, must be tame. Well I guess compared to Tower of Terror yeah, tame. I had no idea that row 1 on that ride would be 30 feet up with our feet dangling DANGLING. The lady next to me took great delight laughing at me and waving her arms and feet around and Frankie was laughing her head off next to me and I'm clutching the handles like a madwoman. Yeah, cool ride. Can't wait to never do that again.

I did find some great inspiration at the parks. Who doesn't love the teacups.


Day or night they are so cute and happy. I want to live at a place that has that same feeling, colorful, cheerful. You know, like Alicia.The whole little Alice in Wonderland area here reminds me of her. Everytime Frankie walked by it she kept saying "I want that in my apartment", she's got home dec on the brain. Who could blame her, I would love to have that starting out feeling again myself. Decorating a new small space, making it cozy.



And this, I love everything about this. I would have a mosiac like this in my kitchen. I wonder how long it would take to save up things to break and then put back together. I love the colors. I find quilty inspiration in this.





So my dears, I must run, time to finish getting ready for work. I hope you have a lovely day!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That mosaic is gorgeous! WHere in the park is that??

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are braver than I am. The tea cup ride would probably make me sick.

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the teacups, my personal fav ride. But, I LOVE the mosaics...oooh, how delicious!

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG... I LOVE THE MOSIAC! Where is that from? I love the teacups and I too want to live in all that color and enchantment. YES... it's so Alicia!

I'm hoping you have more photos waiting in the wings... I just love looking at them!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

You got me laughing out loud! I share your distaste (read: abject terror) at the idea of hanging thirty feet in the air with dangling feet. I don't do scary rides.

I like the little avocado in that mosaic. Makes me hungry. yum.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

Hey Miss Pam! You are right i had my email hiding bigtime in the swap post, but I fixed it. Do you wanna play? I want you to! So email me with your info at lily_clairedesigns@yahoo.com. Thanks, dahlin'!

5:03 PM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

Oh, girl, I LOVE the tower of terror. We rode it at DWorld a few years back, right before they opened it in CA, so I had to rub it in my family's faces because they're Disney-aholics! My sister and her family have annual passes and go every weekend. I have a friend in WA who flies down once a month (yep, every month) and rides all the rides AT LEAST 3 times each. :) I'm glad to hear you had fun. :)

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older