Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Good Morning!

Greetings from Somewhat Sunny California! I don't know how long the bit of sunshine we have will last but I'm soaking it up. Along with a lot of coffee. I woke up early feeling refreshed and like I want to get busy doing something. I'm not even sure what. (Maybe find those stinken rabbits that have been missing for like 2 years.. but we'll see how long that lasts.)

The mystery has been revealed so I can reveal it here as well. The photo is taken in my hallway, which is dim, so its not really very good. The background is a darling white on white which you really can't tell at all. Cute quilt, no borders yet. I think it's twin size in the end. You can probably pick out the one turned block. I just didn't have the heart to rip it out and fix it, so there you go, permission to leave your mistakes as a reminder that ... well whatever you need reminding of. (In my case possibly that I'm lazy.)



Does anyone else get Mary Engelbriet Magazine? Did you see this month's issue? We got them in at the shop and although I get the magazine by subscription I had to buy it, it was so good. Of course I'm considering arson at this time, so lets not look too suspish. And is anyone else noticing how much sewing related advertising that's going on in home dec magazines lately?

Of course in a lot of ways, who needs magazines anymore when you have blogs to read. Its a nonstop flow of amazing things. I do have one request though people, please stop with the studio pictures and all the organization. I already feel inadequate as it is.

Well my peeps, I hope you have a wonderful day.

14 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

I love your mystery quilt! And I think that one quirky block just makes it. It's ART, Pam! It doesn't have to be all straight and lined up and perfect.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

To be honest, if you hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't have noticed it. So what does that say about me?

I have a hard time looking at the Engelbreit magazine because of all the gorgeous studio shots. However, it really is a cool magazine.

Arson? Intriguing. So I really do need to see this month's issue.

I can't live without magazines. Nothing can replace turning those crisp new pages of glossy pictures.

Enjoy the sunshine and coffee!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Sarah and Jack said...

I had to look to find the mistake also. My new Home Companion isn't here yet, but I what I really want to know is What missing for 2 years rabbits? I have horror visions of a live rabbit gone missing in the house! LOL

10:32 AM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

The missing rabbits are darling little glass rabbits. Not real rabbits, although Sarah, I can see how you might wonder giving your squirrel experience!

10:33 AM  
Blogger little acorns said...

Hi Pam!

I actually received an ad packet from the magazine about advertizing in it - so it seems they are actively pursuing quilty/sewing advertizing. . . (now if I could just afford it all!)

I love the quilt! & I too - wouldn't have noticed the turned block. . . but I actually like quilts a little better when they aren't perfect. . . then they have a little personality!

xo,
- Bren

10:53 AM  
Blogger laura capello said...

pretty, pretty, pretty ::drool::

12:26 PM  
Blogger Anne Sutton said...

Hi Pam, This is my second try. Blogger doesn't like bloggers! LOL! Love that quilt you did. It's wonderful! And yes, I bought the magazine just today. I have a subscription but I didn't want to wait. I can't wait to read it.

As far as a studio I'm going for the one where people say "did you see her studio?" It looks just like mine! Fabric pieces on the floor and threads on the chairs. Don't feel inadequate.

3:55 PM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

Darling quilt. I love the colors and the red is awesome! :)

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the quilt...perfection is overrated in my opinion! Organization only lasts seconds in my digs..then I have to do something and it gets messy again. Altho, since I did reorganize, it doesn't stay messy as long as it did.

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That one block looks like it was SUPPOSED to be that way! Like a focal point!
We got the Home Companion and another great magazine FULL of fun projects in at the shop I work at!
Again I am overloaded with ideas!JUst when I was feeling smug about getting somewhat caught up. It is hard to work in ashop and be constantly exposed to all the wonderful stuff out there don't ya think?!

6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW.... I really had to look hard to find it! And now that I did... I love it like that. Like standing out!

Very cute quilt and I love the fabs! I love how in instant I see squares in a square... and the next instant I see stars!

I have not gotten my Mary E. yet. It bugs me when a mag hits the newsstand before a subscriber gets it. What's up with that! Now I'll be stalking the mailman. Again!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Claire said...

lol, I am so there with ya on ceasing the clean studio pics.

although if I EVER get my act together and clean my craft room, do you know it, I am going to brag!

2:22 PM  
Blogger Quilting Kim said...

I had to look over the quilt row by row to try to spot the mistake - why are we always so quick to point out our mistakes? I would have smugly said (with hands on hips) that it was supposed to look like that. Love the colors - really cute quilt. What are you planning for borders?

I also love the bunnies - are we ready for spring?

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

An upside down block makes it Amish, right?! And if your studio is a mess, that means you're normal!

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older