Friday, February 23, 2007

My name is Pam ...

...and I am a fabriholic




Well actually, I have better control than a lot of people after 10 years (or so) working in quilt shops. But things like this really make it hard on a girl. I went in on Wednesday and this pile of plastic wrapped goodness was on the cutting table, along with a bunch of bolts you can't see. I love love LOVE the blue rose floral, third one down in the second photo. It came in a large print and then in a smaller print, big lush roses. It's a line from South Seas and its really lovely.

My first impulse is to cut some.. but I resist if possible. Sometimes I can't, like that floral from the apron. I had to have some of that. Stat. Fabric emergency. Sometimes I just get over it, move on. I try try try to make myself not cut it till later in the day, to make sure I really want it.

Sometimes I try and figure out some great sample to make, then I can work with it, and then move on. But lately I've been too busy sewing for other people to make a commitment to sample making.

Its hard though, with that kind of temptation laying around, don't you think?

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know how you do it! My addiction is already bad enough. If I worked at IBS I'd end up on the corner with a "will work for fabric" sign after all the debt I'd be in from the fabric consumption.

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my! That pile of fabric is a much bigger temptation than my cake! Just as yummy too and without the calories! ;o)

11:47 AM  
Blogger Simonetta said...

It would be a great temptation also for me, believe me :))))))))

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least if you don't buy it you get to look at it a couple of times a week. Very very pretty. Is it Robyn Pandolph. I can't keep up with who she is designing for since she's switched a few times.

5:23 PM  
Blogger P. said...

Yammy fabric. I'm crazy about fabrics too.

11:52 PM  
Blogger Quilting Kim said...

You must be very strong-willed if you didn't take a slice of each of those pieces of fabric. Just looking at it and the ideas are churning in my mind of what I would make if it was in my stash.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I am slowly learning from The Master...(that would be YOU). I didn't buy a single piece of that stuff but man, did I ever want to.
Especially the large floral in either green or cream...I feel quite self righteous about it but will probably cry like a baby when it's all gone and I didn't get any.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Raesha D said...

It's like a kid in a candy store!!!! I worked at a fabric store for 3 months about 10 years ago and I always spent more than my paycheck:) Luckily it was a second job so I got it for just that reason:)

1:44 PM  
Blogger savvycityfarmer said...

How does a girl do it?....just behave...I can't

6:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I would not have been able to resist! Nobody should be put in such a position!
;)

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabriholic - what a wonderful word!

4:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank gawd there is not a 12 step program for us....it would be a full house!

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older