Saturday, May 19, 2007

Greetings!

Well I've had a few blogging free days, but I wasn't totally laying around. I finally got that magazine read and now there's more shops on my list of places to go.
I've also been reveling in some news, you can read about it here and here. I wouldn't have mentioned it but I am lucky to have such good friends who just did it of their own free will! Thank you thank you Elizabeth and Monica. Thanks to everyone who has commented or sent me emails of congratulations. I feel so fortunate to have had such opportunities in the first place.



Last weekend Elizabeth and I went to Buttons and Bows in San Anselmo. We read about it in Country Living this month and had to check it out. Lousy photos, sorry. That's my mantra these days, apologies for crappy photos. There were lots of lovely vintage buttons to be had. Lets hope Elizabeth blogs about it.. she got a ton!
I've also been helping (and I use that term loosely) my friend Holly with her soon-to-be (if-it-doesn't-kill-us) blog. She's not thinking I'm much of a help now I'm sure since I sucked away hours of her life she'll never get back. And spent those hours on tech stuff. Double whammy. How lame am I not to realize how different blogger now is, and how different her Mac is going to see things compared to my PC? I have my fingers crossed that my old-skool PKM template is going to continue to serve me well because otherwise, well, I'm a goner. I'll let you know when it's up and running.
In the meantime, Frankie is home. Yahoo. I have to appreciate her at home while I can, although I'm sure she'd appreciate a little less appreciation! No surprise there I guess.
Been tagged for my 7 weird things.. so better get on that. I'm trying to whittle my numbers down. Until then..

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to go to Buttons and Bows. Any place that has buttons has to be great.

11:28 PM  
Blogger Mary Anne said...

Looks like another fun girls' day out !!! I'm sure I could do some serious financial damage to my husband's credit card at that shop! ... and congratulations on having your quilt in Alex Anderson's book !!! WOW !!!

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read about your Alex book thingie over on Happy Zombie, and I forgot to come here and say directly: CONGRATULATIONS! It's so cool to read about all your successes. Best! ~A :-)

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too read about your Alex adventure at Monica's, but want to tell you in type...congrats. You are having a blast, aren't you?

11:42 AM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

I heart you and think you are AMAZING!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Of course you are amazing! And really good at driving me places. Glad you posted those pics of San Anselmo since as you know, I didn't take my camera. I'll blog about my purchase...it's rare that something that weighs so little can cost so much...but I regret none of it!!

4:36 PM  
Blogger little acorns said...

You are amazing Pam! Such a woman of so many talents! (sewing, quilting, blogging,. . . .driving!!!) :-) Congratulations at your lovely work being in Alex's new book. . . (& everywhere!). . .
xo, - Bren

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big congrats on your quilt in Alex's book and glad your daughter gets to be home for a bit.

7:42 PM  
Blogger laura capello said...

i was thinking of frankie this weekend, wondering what she's been up to.

you haven't been keeping us posted lately. how else am i suppose to live a fabulous 20's single life vicariously?

5:41 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

So wait a minute here, you mean that you're now in TWO books?

And by the way, that quilt is just amazing. I mean, I personally prefer bright colors, but the design of it is wonderful and the skill in making it seems incredible!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Busy Little Quilter said...

Congratulations, Pam, on your quilt in Alex's new book! You go girl!!!

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pam-
I can't believe it... you guys went to Buttons & Bows! I saw it in Country Living too and dragged my whole family out there for Mother's Day... but it was closed!!! And all I got to do was peek in through the window like a little kid in front of a candy shop.
I'm telling you... either I'm in your head or the two of you just know what I'm thinking. Mill Valley, Petaluma, San Anselmo, where will we all go next? I'm thinking inland somewhere??

Joanna

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older