Tuesday, May 08, 2007

More Quilt Market

I'm having a hard time deciding how to proceed with my market story. So I think I'm going to tell little stories about people and places and show some photos over a few days. See how it all evolves. I had a wonderful time. Seriously. Many of my pictures are just not so great. So I'll try and show the best ones. I am sure there will be plenty of photos floating around for everyone to see.

One of the really great things about market is reconnecting with people you know in real life, and via their blog, not to mention being a fan of their work. Like Brenda of Acorn Quilt and Gift Company . We met her last market, but of course I have been loving her work long before that.
Here's Brenda at Sample Spree.



Brenda is just as sweet as she looks. Really a nice person, inside and out. Here's the "Market Survival Kit" she left for Elizabeth and I.

Yes! Cheez-It crackers and Starbucks cards! Brenda, thank you so much, you were a lifesaver!


Here's a couple of pictures in her booth. Really cute. She had a bunch of new quilts and a new book,which was darling!

I think Brenda is the greatest and I hope to see her again in Fall at Quilt Market.

8 Comments:

Blogger laura capello said...

that dark brown hexigonal thing on the table?

yeah, i want that.

6:44 AM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

Wow, her booth looks AWESOME! Like a place I'd love to sit and stay forever! :) So cozy. :)

8:01 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

This is just fascinating Pam! I too, have always admired Brenda. What gorgeous stuff, and how lucky you were to get to go to Quilt Market!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Marisa said...

Are cheez it's actually healthy? I was having this debate, and I said they are, but hm, not sure.

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that is the most clever little survival pack. Mom and I love both starbucks and Cheez-its. I am going to have to steal this idea. So, show us the loot you bought!! You looked to Mod in your shades drivign in the snow, glad you are home safely!!

10:13 AM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

It Elizabeth in the shades, not me. That picture is where she finally relaxed a bit after the snow.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

How sweet of Brenda (and I LOVE her work too)! I love reading these stories!!! It's like you're our very own Julie taking us on the Market Love Boat!

11:59 AM  
Blogger little acorns said...

You are such a sweetheart Pam! I had completely forgotten that you took that photo at Sample Spree. . . (before the frenzy!).

I loved seeing you & Elizabeth there & her booth was adorable! (Funny how we spend so much time trying to make them so pretty. . . & yet can't wait to take them down by the last afternoon!)

I hope you had a bunch of fun. . . you are now such a 'seasoned' market exhibitor!

Thanks again for all your kind words. . . I'm such a fan of PAMKITTYMORNING too!!! See you in Houston (if not before!).

xo, Bren

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older