Tuesday, June 12, 2007

All about the weekend..

I am feeling super lazy. Is anyone else? I'm just mired down in my inability to do anything. I SERIOUSLY need to get in and do some finishing up stuff, and my cutting table is a mess. I keep moving stuff around and there are piles teetering here and there.. all I want to do is complain about it, I don't want to actually clean it up. Is it just me?
We had a lovely weekend away.. seemed like it lasted forever, in the good way, and it was very relaxing. I'm going to have to drag out the adventure because I have done absolutely nothing else to post about.
On the way down to San Luis Obsipo, we stopped at the Mission in Soledad. It's been a while since I've been to a Mission. This one reminded me of my childhood. My parents took us too all the historical landmarks we passed by, and I've been to a lot of them. This one had the traditional canning jar filled with roses at the entrance, snipped right from the Rose Garden. I love that, so sweet and welcoming. Simple, old fashioned. Frankie enjoyed showing us around where she spent a good part of last semester. We also got to meet a friend of hers Lily, or Lil' Lily as Frankie calls her. She's a sweet girl.

I have a thing for those California Mission Bells. I don't know why, just add that to my list of weird ok?
Next stop was at a nice little trattoria called the Upper Crust. Frankie had been raving about it since she went with her friend Candace. We get seated and who do we see across from us? You're right, Candace and her parents! The world is full of delightful coincidences.

Frankie and Candace went out shopping around town and had a great time. It was serendipity for sure!
That's all for now. I must drag this out so I have something to show for myself until I actually DO something to show!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun time - missions are always interesting, so much history!

6:21 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Aw, come on. You do TONS of stuff. You deserve a relaxing weekend and some days of letting all those piles teeter.
You can always cut stuff out over here.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Nan said...

Your weekend sounds lovely so far, and that is why you are still in weekend "mode" - GOOD FOR YOU!
As for the piles - I call mine "creative works in progress". Sounds impressive, don't it? LOL
Happy day! Nan

9:26 AM  
Blogger atet said...

No, the feeling of the blahs is not just you -- been happening here too!

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a wonderful time! I love bumping into friends when you elast expect it! having the BLAH's is a natural summer time laziness sort of feeling. Enjoy it!!!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

I've got it bad, that inertia thing is kicking my butt.

I love Missions.

That's something you don't see a whole lot of here in the PNW.

It sounds like you had a great time, I can't wait to hear more of the adventure.

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been having tons of BLAH in Doe-ville! That is why I come here to get inspired!

BTW, such gorgeous looking belles!

8:28 PM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

Well, I'm glad you all had a good time. Isn't it fun running into friends?? I was at Ikea one time, about 2.5 hours away from home, and ran into some friends there! Oh, and we were camping at Yellowstone on our way here, and we ran into some friends from Sequim, WA that we hadn't seen in about 10 years!

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older