Monday, June 18, 2007

Evidence

Just in case anyone doubts that I actually still sew.. here's my take on Elizabeth's R is for Rose. It's such a pretty pattern. I loved the reds in Moda's Roman Holiday and thought the elaborate stripe would be perfect for the plain panels above the rose blocks.




This, of course, is not the best picture ever, its taken on my 'design wall' which is really the backside of a flannel backed vinyl tablecloth tacked up in my hallway. No natural light making its way back here with this hot weather, everything is closed up to keep it cool. Which it is not.


Still need to layer and quilt this so it can hang down at the shop. We cut some kits out for this, but there aren't many.

Next thing to sew is a skirt for Frankie. Its cut out already, just needs putting together. But first up, work!

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's beautiful Pam!

7:16 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

I love it!!!!!

7:24 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Makes me think of cinnamon candy.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Kim West said...

very pretty!!!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Nan said...

It is very lovely - especially the rose. You are a talented seamstress!

8:30 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

That is a really beautiful quilt!

I love the colors as well as the patterns.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

BEE-U-TEE-FUL.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

You knock of my socks yet again! I. LOVE. IT.

11:27 AM  
Blogger laura capello said...

ooooo... so pretty!

so when something is on display at the shop, what happens to it after?

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE it! Too bad I can't be at the shop in 2 nanoseconds to get one of the kits. That Elizabeth is really killing me with her patterns! lol!

3:48 PM  
Blogger little acorns said...

Absolutely stunning!
Way to go Pam! (& Elizabeth too - no one does roses like you!)
xo, Bren

6:24 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Sooooooooo pretty!

4:20 AM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

Beeeyyyyoooootttteeeeffffuuuulll!:)It's very elegant.

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really lovely! I think I need some of that Roman Holiday fabric - I always love the 3 Sisters lines. Pretty, pretty!

7:45 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Fresh, elegant, sophisticated, and every so pleasing to the eye! It is a real beauty.

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So lovely! I really like the combination of different techniques in this piece.

8:04 PM  
Blogger MichelleB said...

What a beautiful quilt! I love that fabric and the colors.

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older