Tuesday, December 04, 2007

So Good News, I saw a dog today!

My favorite line from Elf. I happened to catch just a bit of the movie over the weekend and forgot how delightful it is. I want to bottle the sheer joy he's feeling because he saw a dog.

I picked up my new APQ yesterday at the shop. I was going through it last night and this page caught my eye, "Quilt and Be Happy". It's a nice article about Kaye England. I should think about that more, quilt and be happy. There's a wonderful antique quilt she shares with readers, along with a pattern. It's called Gone to Pieces and its a wonderful 9 patch quilt and I really think I'll make it. (or maybe just think about making it) I love the use of prints and solids. The quilt in the magazine is quilt large, but soon the instructions for smaller quilts will be on the website, allpeoplequilt.com. Not there yet.

Here's a messy shot of my table. Rain rain rain today, so I think it's a perfect day to stay in and sew. Maybe even pick up and organize something. Or not. I just hope it will be a happy day, I've already seen a dog.
** p.s. Camille is having a drawing for her one of her delightful new patterns.. check it out!

11 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

I bet you've seen maybe TWO dogs. Super cute dogs, even. Can't wait to see what you decide to work on!

10:17 AM  
Blogger Angela @ Cottage Magpie said...

What a great reminder for a season that tends to be fraught with pressure to get things done by the big day. Thanks!
~Angela :-)

12:31 PM  
Blogger laura capello said...

oh please, send the rain my way!

i could use a day of sewing. ::sigh::

12:32 PM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

HAH! That's a great line. Sums up how we should just chill out and enjoy the little things. I need to make the time to sit and watch that movie from beginning to end. Never have.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Camille said...

I have to say, I LOVE Elf, but my kids also love it, and I'm just about elfed out for this year!! Thanks for the plug, by the way, I emailed you, I hope you got it because today (of all days) my email is throwing a fit!

1:17 PM  
Blogger julieQ said...

Rainy days are the best for staying in the sewing.. Enjoy!!

JulieQ

4:03 PM  
Blogger Jackie Clark said...

Pam you get so much done. You are amazing. I 'm not sure how to leave a comment. I am so dumb about this blog. Last time I left a comment it came back to me on my e-mail. How does that happen? So fun to read the magaqine article about bloggers. Is there a help guide for newbees or do we just keep struggling through any tips.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

Love Camille's new patterns. Especially A you're adorable.
We're getting rain again on Friday. Can't wait!!
Love looking at your sewing table and all the goodies on there. LOL!!!

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a rainy sewing day today too, finishing up some Christmas gifts. I was just looking at that Kaye England pattern this morning, I love it, but 12,600 tiny little squares??? INSANE! A smaller version is promising, I could commit to doll sized! : ) Love your cupcake quilt too! That would make a cute doll quilt for Emma, I'll add that to my list.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Jona Giammalva said...

Our favorite line is "I like to whisper too..."
We say it every time somebody in the family whispers, and then we crack up.

We actually got rain here in AZ over the weekend and it was so much fun to stay inside and watch it come down. Ahhh.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Smiling's my favorite.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older