Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Sew Day

Elizabeth and I had a sew day at her house this week. It was really wonderful. Mostly because well, we're friends and it's always fun, but extra fun for me because she's got pretty things and a sewing room chock full of goodies and trims. And fabric. And it's all tidy and nice.
We've been wanting to do a project together and when I saw these sets at Target they looked ripe for some darling embellishments. Embellishments are right up Elizabeth's alley, believe me. I told her about the sets and she went right down and got them. She's a doer. I'm a talkerabouter. Good thing she went they were down to their last aqua when she got there!

Look at the table, just crammed with goodies. I don't even own any pompom trim. That seems criminal, doesn't it? I'll have to rectify that. And get a load of that pin cushion of my dreams with its vintage fabric. And just off the photo.. cookies. You know only coffee could have made this better.

Look, I think I'm arty!

Stay tuned. We worked on one set together, and then each kept one set to work on at home. I can't wait to see what she comes up with. Even more, can't wait to see what I come up with!!

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're arty. Love that little pompom pic. I love all the pics - love your projects your goodies & trims and your ideas and love you.

If you're a talkerabouter... then you're the best talkerabouter ever... a genius mind you have, my friend. Genius!

10:59 AM  
Blogger little acorns said...

Love what we can see so far! With the both of you . . . pretty & charming is always in the room!
. . . a talkerabouter. . . lol! (oh yea - if only the fabric companies knew!! What's with them???)
By the way. . . I'm a thinkerabouter. . . if only I could get done what floats around in my head. . . ! xo, Bren

11:59 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Oh, I want to see better what you are doing with those mitten sets!

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are gonna be SO SA-WEET, I can just tell! Girls just wanna have fun!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Candace said...

Not artsy???....oh, I think you have tons of talent, Pam!! Oh - and my husband's mother, may she rest in peace, called the pom-pom trim "Boom-ba-letzka's"...she was Polish! Cheers!

4:23 PM  
Blogger Busy Little Quilter said...

I love sewing day with my friend, too. We love to bounce ideas off each other.

I can't wait to see what you both come up with. I know it will be darling!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Oh you are so arty in so many ways!!

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How dang cute!!! I can only imagine that you and Elisabeth will come up with something super, duper adorable. I'm still working on the video/movie from market...it is taking me forever. I don't want it to be too long but some of the video is too funny and I don't want to cut too much out. Oh well...maybe by next market...ok I'll try to get it done soon. Let's just say...you've made the cut.

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at all this lovely stuff you did! Well done!

9:42 PM  
Blogger MichelleB said...

Talkerabouter - that cracked me up! That is so me, too. Those goodies look lovely.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Ooooh how fun!!! You guys have such great ideas -- I can't wait to see them!

8:47 AM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

OH what a super idea. Can't wait to see what you two came up with!

2:02 PM  
Blogger Green Kitchen said...

I love the arty shot! But, that's 'cause I'm arty. ;)

7:30 PM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

hmmmm...what are you gals up too?
Whatever it is, it looks like a bunch of totally rockin' cuteness there!

xoxo
Becky

7:44 PM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

Your looking mighty artsy to me. Keep going you CAN be artsy. LOL

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH! I love love! I saw those sets at Target too! Very cute! I can't wait to see what you BOTH do with them!
P.S. I think your presser foot might win the award for most photographed presser foot EVER! LOL! And that's a good thing, I lOVE those pics!
xoxo
Missy

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older