Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Distractions

There's so much around here to get distracted by. I went to get my photos of the pot holders in the sunny rabbit room and Binnie wanted to play. I had to take her out and let her romp around on the bed a bit. I can't resist her little rabbity face. I know its a lousy photo, she does not like her picture taken. Anyway its supposed to be 70 degrees today peeps? Can you believe it. I'm going to get on pruning my roses today I think. I saw that Carrie has already gotten to hers and I'm feeling the pressure. She has an amazing bunch of iceberg roses and I always think of her when mine starts to bloom. Which right now, covered in flowers. The downside of all this sunny weather is weeds. I hate weeds.

Frankie was home for an eye appointment last week and brought me some cute Panda Cookies from a new little market she went to. They're the rage down there and I can see why. Of course part of it is we love panda stuff after seeing that ep of South Park about the panda. (its South Park peeps so if it offends you just skip the link)


Another thing that took up some time this morning was going through my email. Seriously, I don't know what to consider first, incorporating in Nevada, making money with Google or old time witchcraft secrets.

Lastly, here's my potholders. Right off you can see I didn't follow instructions, didn't make my door rounded and it really makes a big difference, to me anyway. I just wrote down dimensions and went in to get busy. I couldn't wait to cut and sew. Like binge sewing. Still they look like they'll keep me from burning my hands right? Next time I'll make them all cutey like Nanette. Man her stuff just kills me with the cuteness of it.

Those roses aren't going to prune themselves (I don't think, but then I didn't read those witchcraft secrets either) so I better get crackin!

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely potholders! I've been thinking about these all day--not doing them, but thinking about them. Love the double apple action and the matching house and window apple colors. You've got it going on as usual!

1:07 PM  
Blogger CuteStuffInside said...

70 degrees? That's just about my perfect temperature - anywhere between 70 and 75. Just another gray/dismal day here in CT (about 45 minutes from NYC). Already looking forward to spring. Your site always makes me smile, though. Just love those happy colors! Great potholders! I just picked up some of that insulated batting yesterday.

S.W.A.K.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Sheri Howard said...

I think your hot pads are darling! Your rabbit makes me laugh out loud! I wish I had roses to prune, we have a lot of SNOW here in S.E. Idaho.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Hmmm. I've never been offered witchcraft secrets. Just lots of other things I'd rather not mention.
Love the potholders--I don't have any of that batting stuff so that's my reason for not dropping everything and doing that.
Ugh. Rose pruning. It always feels like I have hundreds of rose bushes this time of year.

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, i think yours are stinkin' cute! So there!

2:57 PM  
Blogger Candace said...

Your Potholders are just too darned cute, Pam! And pleeeaasse....send me some of that sunshine an warmth - my roses look like they went dancing in a freezer!
Cheers!

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pruning roses?!! It's -2 here and going lower. The only outside stuff is shoveling. Love the potholders. I need new ones, so maybe I should go to my warm sewing room.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Okay, Binnie is so cute, hard to resist. The potholders are cute too. But roses??? What??? I am still scraping about 2 inches of ice off my driveway and more snow to come 2 times this week. Send some warm weather east, please.

4:47 PM  
Blogger happy zombie said...

TO. MOR. ROW. I am going to treat myself to making Nanette's rock-em-sock-em crazy cute potholders. I love yours!!!!!! (I may not do a round door either... it's still hecka cute, even if I am to lazy to go round.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

Well thanks for the weather report. It's 9 degrees in NH. Supposed to get colder as the week goes on. Wanna trade houses?

5:39 PM  
Blogger Crafts a la Mode said...

Okay, I think you people are on a permanent vacation over there on the other side of the country. Little Connecticut is cold, cold, cold and going to get colder over the weekend, down to 0' maybe. Ooooo... I like snow but I don't like it that cold.
Hey, your potholders are GREAT!!!!

6:31 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

You never fail to make me smile and laugh. Your pot holders are darling. I love the apples on them. Charming! Thank you for your sweet words. Now get to those rose bushes. I didn't prune mine last year - not sure why. And how they look terrible for spring. I guess it isn't too late if you are doing yours now. I will do mine in a couple months.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Paganelli said...

thanks for the birthday shout!!!

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older