Monday, January 12, 2009

Supervision

It's been about a year since I was let go from the quilt shop but last week at Alex's I was cutting fabrics again. As you can see I had some good supervision from Sparrow.
Alex's new line is so pretty, and we're making bundles of it for upcoming events. Road to California this week.
The colors in this new line, Whisperings, are so vibrant. There are thirty five pieces I think and we made 32 bundles of fat quarters! That's a lot of yardage! Alex did all the folding while I cut. We had a super fun day including a tasty lunch from the Rail Road Cafe.

This is a portion of the Quilt Show block of the month by Sue Garman. By the time I remembered I wanted a picture it was too late to go and get that set up so I'm settling for this one. It is so amazing, I love all the small blocks.

Alex was telling me that the kits are going like hotcakes, now I don't remember how many are left but it wasn't a ton.

We had a lot of fun and I'm back over there today cutting and more cutting. This time it's just me and Sparrow.
So peoples, have you seen all the blocks out there from Anne's BOM? I can't believe how fast everyone is getting them done. Did you get any of Nanette's potholders done? I finished two, photos later, it's still too dark out. I forgot and made straight binding and my little potholders aren't flat. I grabbed up the closest pile of fabrics and while they're cute, they're no Nannette style potholders. Maybe later this week. When I'm not so crazed to do it. I HAD TO MAKE THEM ASAP. That's all I can figure.
Ok, off to work peeps. Happy Monday! xo

10 Comments:

Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

That quilt has lucious colors. I'm sure your potholders are darling!! I can't wait to see them. Hey some of mine don't lay too flat either. I mostly used bias binding but I had some odd ends of binding that was straight and I wanted to use it so whatever. I'm fine with a little curve. I'm almost done hand stitching my binding so I am ready to mail some of them off very soon. And make more.

thanks Pam

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're SO lucky you get to hang out with Alex. She was in St. Louis last Fall and I went to her lecture. I found her so delightful.Oh to have friends in such high places!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Ha! Looks like Sparrow knows how to keep you on task.
That quilt is lovely, Anne's BOM is TOO tempting, and no I haven't gotten any of those potholders done. Maybe this week?

10:20 AM  
Blogger happy zombie said...

I'm hoping Sparrow is the name of the cat, and not a little birdie *wrapped around* the cat. And he looks like he's totally watching/supervising you... all he needs is a clipboard.

Wish I was folding with you and working on Nanette's potholders!

12:07 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

The real question is...is Alex levitating fabric???

Can't wait to see your potholders!!!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Candace said...

What a fun two days, Pam! Sparrow is quite the task-master! I bet your potholders are just tooo cute - don't forget to show us!
Cheers!

1:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Alright, I need to wipe the drool off my chin... I just love those fabrics. I am sooooo into the bright and vibrant. When is that fabric hitting the shops??? It sounds like you had a great time and great company. Sparrow looks very content.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Good thing Sparrow is watching you. Years ago I was lucky enough to do a round robin exchange with Sue Garman through Prodigy....now that's going back quite a number of years!!!!

12:57 AM  
Blogger Sew Create It - Jane said...

Cute Cat! Is he the one that gets in front of the camera in Alex's videos on the Quilt Show blog? If so, he sure loves the lime light!

2:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really need to keep up--I just learned about Anne's BOM today...practically halfway through January. I guess that means it'll be a shorter time until the next one is out, but still. Sue Garman's BOM is SOOOO pretty! I collected the patterns from last year's...that is all I will say. Haven't done the potholders yet but Dear Daughter liked them too. Have fun!

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older