Thursday, May 28, 2009

Back Home!

Hi peeps! Checking in here on a Thursday night to say hey !!! I've been gone longer than I thought, Frankie and I were having such a good time I stayed an extra day! I know you're expecting to hear about a prize winner.. so I better get cracking!

But first... Here's some vacation pictures. I know, cruel. Enlarge this photo, the ride to Frankie's was to begin with some Japanese bookstore goodness. Check out the sign on the door.

Had a nice lunch with Frankie at the Paris Bakery. Yummy. Then we took a long walk around the farmers market.


These strawberries are HUGE and in the sun it almost hurts your eyes to look at them. It looks like an ad, but really, I saw them myself.




Lounging in the cool breezes at the open air mall. We had a nice walk around there in the early evening. Better to be there when the weather at home was scorchin!


More really great luck on Wednesday.


We went to San Luis Obispo for the day. We'd been planning this trip for ages, I love this shop. What?? CLOSED!! Didn't notice that when I looked up the hours online.

Fortunately it doesn't matter when you're having a fun couple of days of vacation with your daughter. We had a blast.



Now for the winner of the Liberty Star Patterns... its mascanlon who writes "I love all the market photos and I clicked on nearly everything link, thanks especially for them Pam." Thanks for clicking away mascanlon. Email me your address and the patterns will fly off to you!

7 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

I still can't believe the Nest was closed!!! And it's not like it's a quick drive back down there.
Those strawberries are AMAZING.
Wow.

8:44 PM  
Blogger rachel griffith said...

closed. & closed.
what the eff.

oh well.
at least you got to see some gynormous strawberries.
and of course hang out with your chicka.

congrats go to mascanlon.
{even if i'm a tiny bit jealous.}
lol.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a terrific time it looks like you both had! I can smell those strawberries. Yes, I can!

4:18 AM  
Blogger Mary Anne Drury said...

Looks like you gals had a fun trip even though those stores had the NERVE to be closed ...... they must not have gotten word that you were on your way! (you simply MUST get better "people" !)

....and congrats to mascalon!

6:59 AM  
Blogger Candace said...

Congrats to mascanlon! Looks like you had wonderful time with Frankie - and a most deserved rest from Market Madness! How I would love to reach into my monitor and scoop up a bag of those strawberries!
Cheers!

9:29 AM  
Anonymous amy said...

CLOSED??! Oh well, just tell yourself there was nothing good in either of those places. Yeah, just keep tellin' yourself that... And, say, why are there only SIX comments on this lovely post yet there are 77 and counting on the giveaway post. Where's the love for the everyday, people?! Thick and thin, for better or worse... PKM Everyday.

6:48 PM  
Blogger happy zombie said...

Argh about Kinokuniwtf was closed. And hey... I can see you in the pic taking the pic. Love it.

Love all the pics, but the best one is the one you sent me of Frankie just for me.

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older