Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Food Day

Well really it was Sew Day but seriously, Food Day would have been a better name for it. Deb, Debbie and Deanna and I had a great sewing day at Debbie's house again. The day began and ended with yummy sweet things. As you faithful readers know, my snacks all come with the 100 Calorie label so when unleashed among items like tiny bear claws... I'm out of control.
Debbie had a bit of a frustrating day, lots of machine issues, and you know how that can be. But she powered through it and will get it worked out. She got her pear towel done and it looked good.

Deanna spent the day cutting and prepping her blocks from The Quilt Show Block of the Month. She has hers all organized in a binder. I'd like to be like that. Organized.

Debbie getting ready to document her completed towel. She made the best taco salad I've eaten in ages as well, it was yummy.


My problem was lack of projects laying around to work on, so I used the cute nosegay block from Elizabeth's pattern and worked on my own towel. Now I just want to make a whole quilt with these darling blocks.

But I 'll finish up the towel first. I have the ruffle made so all I need to do is sew it all together. Photos later. Like later this week I hope.


In my last Fabritopia order Jona had included some of the Oh Cherry Oh panel so I decided to work on a couple of pot holders. I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner. Just need to add binding now.


Deanna was in charge of dessert. Holy. Cow. Recipe here, if you dare. I didn't have any first hand knowledge of the butter content till after eating... I'll be treadmilling extra time this week.



But it will be totally worth it. TOTALLY.


Ok, that was sew day in a nutshell. Hope you guys are having a good week. Thanks for all the Moda Bake Shop love! I appreciate your support!

18 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Hmmmmm ... food, sewing ... food sewing? Which of these pictures is capturing my attention first?

I've gotta be honest and say that I was in awe of the darling bouquet blocks ... as I salivated onto my keyboard.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Lori Holt said...

Pam-
It looks like you had a great time with your gal pals!
I think the nosegay block is ADORABLE- I love the colors and fabrics that you used - you're right it would be so sweet if you made a quilt!!!
I'll be waiting to see it...
Lori

7:44 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Oh, this makes me see how I need a day sewing with friends! And some taco salad.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Minick and Simpson said...

Sugar, butter, and Mountain Dew. I cannot wait to make it!
You must have the rockin'est kitchen towels ever.

Laurie

7:56 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Looks like fun! I'm going to a sew day later this week...pot luck too!!!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I'm impressed. I would have gotten NO sewing done with all that food around!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Yummy all of it including the sewing. Sometimes a project is so fun it is like eating dessert. I'm going to take the towels to our family reunion/vacation this year to work on. I think my sisters can handle appliqueing pears. Maybe! I hope.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

mmmmm . . . . what could be better than EATING & SEWING! Lucky girls you had both - my FAVORITE kind of DAY!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Sorry about the extra treadmill time this week. Already counting the days till next month.

BTW - I finished my towel :)

12:10 PM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

OMG on all the butter! Wow. YOu know, most days I have a one point bag o popcorn just so I can pour two points worth of melted butter on it. :-)
Looks like a super terrific day. How cool that you get to look forward to doing that every month!

3:28 PM  
Blogger julieQ said...

OK, we have sewing (read FOOD) days too! Love them the best. Looks like all your gals made wonderful progress on your projects.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

"lack of projects laying around to work on" ????? i never have that problem... i have too many!

5:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just love those days! Boy you had a great time sewing and oh the food.... going to print the recipe NOW!!

6:07 PM  
Blogger Jona Giammalva said...

Okay, I've got a bunch of those little quilt panels sitting here and now I know I should have been marketing them as "pot holder kits"!! Duh! Brilliant!

11:10 PM  
Anonymous amy said...

Sounds and looks like it was a delicious day all around. I'm not even going there, as they say, to see the apple dumpling recipe, that is. La, la, la, I don't see those apple dumplings and that lump of creamy ice cream, not even lookin' at it...

4:47 AM  
Blogger Miss Tina said...

I made the apple dumplings for my family (4 manly men and myself) GONE! They loved them. So easy and SO good. Great recipe!

7:37 AM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

OK can you STOP with the food talk already??? I'm HUNGRY!!!!

6:51 PM  
Blogger debbie said...

Thanks so much for the recipe, the apple dumplings were ABSOLUTELY delicious! Made them for all of the Dads in the fam today to celebrate their special day, it was the highlight of their day! Thanks!Debbie :)

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older