Monday, February 08, 2010

Recap

So how was the weekend peeps? Sew day Friday with Debbie was great. Deb couldn't make it but she phoned in for some chit chat and that was fun. The food as usual was delish! Debbie made a wonderful Chicken Caesar Salad for lunch. I love salad especially when someone else makes it, you know?
I brought the dip and fruit.. and cake. Yum. I'm pretty sure there was no cake when I left. The dip however was way too sweet for me.

Debbie worked on her wonderful Dresden plate quilt.. she was just starting it when I was there last time. I worked on some button sewing. This is one of Alex's quilts. We did button eyes, but later she decided she wanted noses as well.



The picture doesn't do the colors justice, it's so bright and cheery. I put the buttons on by machine, it goes so very fast! (if you can stop talking and start sewing that is)

Anyway, recipe tomorrow.. I need to get a move on here! xo

9 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Buttons by machine...you keep saying that like it's no big deal. I'll never have the nerve to try that.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Kathi D said...

I like buttons by machine! Maybe because I hate buttons by hand!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Fun stuff. Isn't it great to get together with friends for good food and sewing.

10:40 AM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

The food, the quilts, the friends sewing together... BLISS. I love the honey bears!

Buttons on by machine. Ok miss smarty button pants... show us how!!!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Joyce said...

Wow! That looked like fun it is time for my girlfriends to get together and have a sew day! Love your blog!

12:12 PM  
Blogger Sharon Lovejoy said...

Oh yes, keep sewing and creating, but DON'T stop talking! Too much FUN.

Love,

Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Deanna said...

The dip was yummy! Thanks for leaving the leftovers for those of use who showed up on Saturday.

I do buttons by machine also, is there another way???

5:09 PM  
Blogger My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

what a lovely blog..found you via sharon lovejoy...

loved my visit....
now where is my sewing machine....

i'll be back to look around some more tomorrow...

sending my best
kary

5:32 PM  
Blogger MomWaldsPlace said...

Thanks for sharing your fun day with us. Friends and quilting!

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older