Monday, September 20, 2010

A Friday Outing

It's always great to swing by Elizabeth's house, grab her up and head out for adventure , particularly when it involves some sweet friends like Miss Jean and Becky. We had a delicious lunch and then headed around the corner to a wonderful antique store. We found plenty of treasures, but I'll show those off later. Becky brought me something so cute I have to get a really perfect photo of it for you to see. Maybe by tomorrow I will have accomplished that.
Becky is having a Monica Moment here...

Scroll through Monica's post here, and you'll see what she's so excited about!

From now on when I think about my coffee and swing time I'll think about Miss Jean's wonderful patio. It's not called In the Garden with Miss Jean for nothing, her back yard is heaven on earth.

Here's her little garden helper caught in the act. Maggie can be a naughty little girl. But oh so sweet anyway.
SO yes, totally wonderful day. We didn't get home till after 5pm which is always kind of a shock to us, we're like homing pigeons around 3pm, probably left over from the school days. I chained Elizabeth back to her sewing machine and went on my merry way.
Hope you guys had a wonderful weekend.. tell me all about it. xo

8 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

Sounds like a perfect kind of day with friends. Lucky you!

8:15 AM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

we did have so much fun!!

i hung my MONICA shoe and now need to fill it with pens.

xoxo
becky

8:31 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

It was a wonderful day, indeed! I had such a great time eating, laughing and shopping. Having a dog is like having children. You want to make a good impression when friends come over and reality hits! Oh, well, such is the life of a Scotty owner!

Hope to see you at QIAG and good luck in Houston!!!!!!!!!!

9:38 AM  
Blogger Catsngrams said...

I love a day out with friends I am planning one this week. I am so excited.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Next time you all decide to have so much fun, give me a call, willya? You gals had a blast from the look of it!

11:18 AM  
Blogger happy zombie said...

What a wonderful day!!! And I love that Becky is doing my wooden shoe pen holder! Back story... I actually wore mine! I was with my cousins in Amsterdam and we all got a pair. Clop-clop-clop-clop-clop... pens are much better!

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I am coming over from Miss JEans! I got the blessing of meeting that sweet Maggie Dog and her adorable parents when they came through Colorado to see their son! They are such a sweet family and am so glad blog land brought us together!!

Looks like you ladies had such a fun time together! Wish I could have been there to join in on the fun!

be blessed
mary

9:03 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

OMG elizabeth looks so skinny!

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older