Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve


So are you all ready? I guess we're as ready as we're going to get around here. Yesterday Frankie and I made some Ranger Cookies for ..... Santa.. that's right, for Santa. I haven't baked in ages, so I was pretty happy they turned out delicious. A little too delicious really..
Here's the recipe:
1 cup butter or margarine (softened)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
2 cups oatmeal (not the quick oats..)
2 cups cornflakes
1 cup coconut
1/2 cup pecans
Preheat oven to 375.. Cream butter, eggs, sugar and vanilla. Add flour and baking soda till all mixed in, then drop in all the remaining ingredients and lightly mix.. you want all the stuff mixed up, but you don't want to lose the crunch of the cereal. Bake for 8-10 minutes.. my oven took 10 and the centers are nice and chewy, the outside a little crunchy.
If you checked the link you'll see there are plenty of variations!!! I bet they'd make for a nice breakfast with a cup of coffee!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am positive that Santa will love them!! Merry Christmas, PKM!!

4:44 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Merry Christmas Pam and to all of yours too! My daughter came home yesterday for a the afternoon while her husband was still at work and we had a baking day too. And I have that exact Susan Branch book sitting on top of the stack but like you my drink is coffee not tea!

5:48 AM  
Anonymous Duabe said...

Merry Christmas Pam!

The cookies look and sound delicious! Looks like I'll be making one more trip to the grocery store for coconut and cornflakes!

6:23 AM  
Blogger Mary Anne Drury said...

Merry Christmas Pam !!!

8:39 AM  
Blogger Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

YUM!! Merry Christmas, Pam!!

8:55 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

They look delicious. Did you save Santa some?

Merry Christmas!!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

I made apple pie and cinnamon rolls today. I'm ready. But it's going to be a brown Christmas here in NH-No Snow! Can't remember when that happenned here.

2:24 PM  
Blogger life in red shoes said...

It will be hear in a matter of hours...READY OR NOT!

7:46 PM  
Anonymous angelina said...

So, did Santa eat them?

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older