Thursday, January 13, 2011

Saturday Sewing Group

This past weekend I went to my Sewing Group with the Debbies, Debbie Stevens and Deb Silva. As usual we had a wonderful time. Debbie worked on some machine applique and Deb worked on a pin cushion and some drunkards path blocks. I wish I had some nice pictures to show you. Sometimes I'm a real slacker. I worked on a simple project sewing corners on snowballs. I'm using my Urban Chiks Dream On and it's so cheerful to work on.


Deb made the most delicious lunch, Santa Monica Bake.
With the addition of a wonderful salad, it's the perfect sew day lunch.



Here's Deb's recipe:

1 1/2 lbs ground beef
3 medium zucchini, sliced
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp chili powder
1 7 oz. can diced green chilies
3 cups cooked rice
1 cup sour cream
2 cups shredded jack cheese, separated
1 tomato sliced

Saute meat. Add zucchini and cook till tender crisp. Add remaining ingredients, 1 cup of jack cheese and mix. Pour into 2 quart casserole. Arrange tomatoes on top, sprinkle with salt and pepper, top with remaining cup of cheese. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Then dig in, it's delish!

12 Comments:

Blogger Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

This looks like a really great recipe which I will have to try soon. Like today on a nice, cold, sparkly post-snowstorm day.

8:05 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Love these kinds of recipes, my family will almost always vote for a casserole over any other dinner option...except pizza of course! Thanks for sharing.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

I love sew days with friends. I don't know what's the best thing, the sewing, the friendship, or the food! Looks like you had all three. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

9:22 AM  
Blogger John'aLee said...

Yum! That sound like such a great recipe. There's nothing like getting together with a bunch of quilters for inspiration!

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have a project in the moda bakeshop book? I hope so. Lunch looks good here.I wish I was in your group.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Ohhh that is going on pinterest.

10:32 AM  
Blogger suz said...

That recipe sounds delicious! thanks for the heads up on the Shades Soft Fuse. I've been looking for a new fusible web and just ordered some. The tiny pincushion is adorable as well.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Looks yummy...the fabric and the food...I'll definitely be trying the recipe!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

How fun! Cute fabric, too!

Ok, I just copied, pasted and printed the recipe.....now I just need to get busy and buy the ingredients. Thanks for sharing!

xo

PS: Happy Birthday to who? Love the runner!!!!

8:55 AM  
Blogger Library Gal Quilts said...

Sew Day. Sigh. Love them! and that food looks so good! Thank you PKM for the recipe. Yum Yum! Pam in chico

9:02 AM  
Anonymous singapore florist said...

the foods look so delicious.

11:32 PM  
Blogger Pam - said...

Just a big thank you to both you and Deb for the Santa Monica Bake. I was catching up on blog reading this AM when my eye caught Deb's recipe. Told my hubby about it & he put it together for lunch today while I continued piecing my quilt! It was delicious!

Pam from just up the road in Santa Rosa, CA

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older