Wednesday, July 20, 2011

So all about Monday..

I hardly know where to start when it comes to working on the strike offs. Holly and I spent the whole day going through all the fabrics. There were between 2 and 4 pieces for each print to review. Some had differences so subtle I couldn't even tell what they were. Holly was patient and showed me how to use the charts to evaluate each print. Then we laid out each of the prints by color and reevaluated in reference to the rest of the same color. That fruit print.. needs work but it's there to see how it looks with the rest of the yellows. Then we looked at the results in reference to the other prints.

Pinks turn into reds then to blue.. you can see we were still evaluating one of those blues. I don't remember which one we chose, they were both so good.


I have a thing about fabrics with white backgrounds and these whites... amazing. And my yellow dot on white, I'm weeping over how much I love it. I need a bolt, I never want to run out. And you know that's just the start. Holly is a genius and she took my little wad of ideas and turned it into something I think is pretty wonderful.

Then after a day of work, we celebrated with some carefully chosen perfectly matched candies. Isn't that what everyone does?


I hope you like what you see here! The sales period for PamKittyMorning is in its final weeks and soon we'll be sending our print orders to the mill! From then on it's the waiting game!

24 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Bwahahaha...now you understand the agony we shop owners go through when we have to view 63 SKU's and try and decide what to buy and what to pass on. Agony I tell you. Sometimes it's just easier to take the whole kit and caboodle! I'm so glad you and Holly are picky and I know they will each be fabulous...all 63 of them. Thanks to both of you for your hard work and dedication to perfection! I can't wait until they arrive.

6:04 AM  
Blogger craftytammie said...

gorgeous!! i never realized all that happens before fabric gets to my greedy hands. thanks for sharing the journey!!

6:22 AM  
Blogger Anita said...

Cog rats on your fabric line, it is just beautiful.

7:07 AM  
Blogger Funky Kim said...

It's all beautiful! I cannot wait to have a bunch of your fabric in my sewing room!

7:33 AM  
Blogger Lori Holt said...

Of course I like what I see there!!!
Love is more like it.
It will be so fun to finally get to sew with it when it arrives...
xx
Lori
PS pass the candy please:)

8:05 AM  
Blogger Mary's Cottage Quilts said...

THIS IS SO COOL!! Ya done good! Can't wait to see them in person (when???)

9:10 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

It isn't even my fabric but I got a little weepy looking at it too. I really love it.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Wow...all of the colors and patterns that I love...can't wait to purchase them....how exciting it must be for you.

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Kristyne said...

I.must.have.this.fabric!!!!!!!! All of it!

Oh dear lord in heaven, please let me survive this agonizing wait to get my hands on this "I love it so much it hurts" fabric.

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pam, it is ALL absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to get my hands on PKM.

4:51 PM  
Blogger kshackabq said...

So lovely!! So hard to choose, but what fun for all of us once it's done! Congratulations again!!

7:14 PM  
Blogger Material Girls said...

I love it!! I would have a hard time picking and choosing, I guess that is why I ordered the whole line.
Maybe we could have you do a guest appearance.
Nadine

10:04 PM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

total candy!!!!

10:56 PM  
Anonymous Sandy said...

Love,love those fabrics! Looks like lots of work.

11:08 PM  
Blogger tina said...

Good thing you are so well and truly a patient woman. Truly.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

omg, Pam they're "real" now & I can hardly wait to purchase your fabrics! Just so "you" & so for me!!
Penny

9:31 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

These are so fantastic! Your designs represent everything I love. Now I would just die to be so creative but...hmmm just doesn't seem to be happening so I am ever thankful to you and Holly for the work and creative pazazz to get it out of the brain and onto the table!

5:50 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Yipppeeeeeeeeeeeee I'm patiently waiting. Ok not so much but I am waiting. Only because I have to.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

I need the fabric. And the candy!

10:46 PM  
Anonymous Kelly said...

So exciting! I am really nervous about the strike offs part. I would need a whole bowl of candy.

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Sandy said...

I am getting itchy fingers looking at this beautiful fabric!

6:14 PM  
Blogger happy zombie said...

I'm like that old Mervyn's commercial, but I'm waiting at the mill. Open. Open. Open…

I'm weeping they're all so beautiful. And so you! I want every SKU. Every. Single. One!! Weeping, I tell you… W E E P I N G!!!!

1:39 PM  
Anonymous tammy tadd said...

Pam, I cannot wait to get some of this fabric! I'm in LOVE!!! It is so much better than I even imagined it would be. I am SO excited for both you and Holly! Great job girls!!!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

So sorry to be late to this party, but CONGRATULATIONS. 'Cause it's a fine, fine line of fabric. Seriously scrumptious.

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older