Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pot Luck

Yesterday I went to a pot luck lunch at my neighbor Alice-Jane's. It was a wonderful event with wonderful people and I really enjoyed myself.




I made a big dish of chicken salad to bring. It's an easy recipe to make, you don't really have to measure anything. It's just canned or fresh chicken, cranberries, walnuts, celery and green onions all smooshed up with some mayo.



The table was chock full of wonderful dishes and I always feel a little worried as I'm not a fancy food person anymore. But the plate was empty at the end of the lunch so I was happy about that. Now why didn't I make enough for myself here at home? No idea.



The weather was pretty nice, it's heating up here but still tolerable for the backyard venue. Alice-Jane sets a lovely table, pretty table cloths, flowers. I just enjoy the day. I've been so lucky to live next door to her for almost 30 years. I wish everyone could have a great neighbor like I do.

Time to announce the winner of Mary Lou's book! It's Sandie-Call Me Crazy!!! Sandi email me your mailing address and I'll pop that book in the mail to you!

Ok, I hope you guys are having a wonderful week! Any big weekend plans?

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I love chicken salad! It is my go-to hot day lunch!
And thank you so much!! Email is on the way~ I'm so excited I'm sure to make a bunch of typing errors! LOL
Have a happy day!

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older