Monday, October 17, 2011

Getting things done

How was the weekend? Didn't plan on dropping off the map, don't know how last week just got away from me. Had a blast over at the Lakehouse Studio, including a fab lunch out in San Anselmo. Delish.
Finally finished the Farmer's Market Bag for Alex. I think it turned out cute. It's an easy bag to make, especially if you're not a procrastinator.

I cut up some of my own delicious fabric to start on a quilt. It has been hard to decide what to make. I don't have an infinite amount of yardage, so deciding what's quilt-worthy has been tough. But I really like this particular quilt that I have in mind, so I actually committed to it and started cutting.

I love making blocks.. I like making each little unit till a block is done. It's my favorite sewing.
Love the result. It's pretty cheerful. Stay tuned, I'm seriously going to get this quilt done! Soon!

12 Comments:

Blogger LBP said...

That bag is just adorable! Love your color choices!

5:45 AM  
Blogger randi--i have to say said...

cute cute fabrics! looking forward to seeing the finished quilt!

6:05 AM  
Blogger Auntie Pami said...

Can't wait!

6:22 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, can't wait to see PKM. The purse turned out super cute too!

6:30 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

A finished bag AND a project started in your new fabric!! Impressive. Have a great Monday!

7:26 AM  
Blogger Library Gal Quilts said...

Love that new AA fabric and the purse is darling! Your fabric is so crisp and cute I can just imagine it in so many things! Glad you were sewing this weekend and hope your week is filled with more good things!

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Tina said...

That bag is seriously cute. and the block? I'm crazy about the happiness of it! Can't wait to see the whole bean!

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Karen said...

I REALLY like your fabric, and the block design! Can't wait to see the quilt. :)

11:21 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

oh my I really love this block

1:43 PM  
Blogger Kristen King said...

I'm quite sure you picked the right block for this fabric...Love it! :)

4:37 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Darling bag and cute cute block. Can't wait to see how you put it together. Will you be at Market? Hope so.

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Sandy said...

So cute, cute, cute!!

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older