Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Blah blah blah

Luckily Monday is Law and Order Criminal Intent all day. Sewing and crime fighting just go together here. I got my block done, did you? Each one is interesting and I enjoy trying out other people's block construction techniques. Here's my block for this month. It's straight in spite of what this photo indicates.


Sunday night we went over to Danville for dinner. When I saw these leaves I could not stop taking photos ( but lucky for you I have some control in displaying them) thinking how fun it would be to find fabrics in these colors.



When we finished dinner it was dark, and the trees looked illuminated, almost like they were one fire. It made me wish I was an art quilter, to capture that with fabric and thread would be wonderful. Indian Orange Peel quilt in batiks?



Anyway, back to reality. Or at least my version of it!

8 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

Yummy looking block Pam in such happy coors, I especially love the big dot. And the last photo is fabulous, if I were you I'd go for it!

5:26 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

Strange but true: crime fighting and sewing do go together. It sounds like you had a good Monday. Hope today goes smoothly too.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

No, do you believe it I don't have my block done yet! I better hop to it! And yes, I totally see Indian Orange Peel in batiks... hurry up!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Love that block, and your "Burning Bush" shot.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

love the block. ever since I was a kid I've loved loved leaves.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

Great quilt block!
You want leaves, come see me. I'll give you leaves. Hunka would be happy to have you take some back to CA with you.

4:45 PM  
Anonymous vicki said...

Hi Pam--Happy *belated* Thanksgiving to you! The quilt block is beautiful along with the leaves. I took so many pictures of leaves this last month--I have no self control when it comes to autumn scenery. It's all been swept away now though, just a bloggy memory!

10:15 PM  
Anonymous pat sloan said...

love your block!

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older