Thursday, December 15, 2011

I made stuff and didn't tell you.

I started this quilt a long time ago and you probably forgot about it. I finished it and I forgot about it. Well finish is a word I use lightly, the top is done, clearly it still needs quilting. It's a smaller version of Criss Cross and I think it turned out pretty cute. It certainly was fast and easy.


This quilt also has been 'done' a while, and just waiting for a photograph. Last weekend Bret and I went out looking for a fence to throw some quilts on.



Do you ever see a quilt somewhere and just want to recreate it? Well this quilt is a recreation of a quilt I saw a long time ago at Susan Branch's store, Heart of the Home. It was being used as a table cloth at the time I believe, and I fell in love. I saw it other times on my visits to her shop. I even saw it in a magazine article or maybe it was on her website,I'm not sure where I got this photo, but it's been in my little treasures folder for a long time.


Once I saw just a snippet on her blog and after commenting on how much I loved it, Susan sent me a close up photo. How can you not love Susan? I always think of her as Sweet Sue, and she surely is.


Its not an exact copy, I used a shoo fly block instead of a churn dash, which I regret a little, but still, it's pretty close. Everytime I see it I think of my friend, Sweet Sue.

So what are you doing? Tell me everything!

12 Comments:

Blogger Thimbleanna said...

So. You've been keeping secrets! And very cute ones, I might add. Isn't Susan amazing? I'm always in awe that she can keep in touch with so many people. One of her recent posts ("don't send me gifts" in teeny letters) cracked me up!

5:38 AM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

I just love Susan's blog. She has such a great big heart. Sort of like yours ;-)

6:08 AM  
Blogger Mary Anne Drury said...

Pretty pretty !!!! ..... and Susan Branch ....what's not to love !!!


.....and, what am I doing ? Absolutely nothing I'm supposed to be doing ! ......AAAAACCKKKK !!!! PLEASE tell me Christmas is NOT gonna be here in a week and a half !!!

6:25 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I have a small collection of red and white quilts so I especially love Susan's quilt too. I followed your links to Susan's post on quilts and saw your comment and also one from my long time friend Bonnie Crawford. So many of us love Susan!

I hope your Christmas list is totally crossed off and you take some time to enjoy the season. Merry Christmas Miss Kitty!

7:07 AM  
Blogger Susan Branch said...

Earlier I looked at your blog to see the pictures of the (GORGEOUS) quilt you'd done and didn't take time to read; came back to see it again, and this time I read the whole thing! You are the sweet one Pam! And the talented one too . . . those quilts are just darling! And you are a sweetheart. Merry Christmas!!! xoxo

9:17 AM  
Blogger fiberdoodles said...

Ohhh pure eye candy!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Two color quilts draw me in. The blue is spectacular. Really a stunner. And the red and white is very sweet. I can see why you love sweet Sue's.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Robbienae said...

Love, Love, Love the red and white quilt. You've been busy sewing. I recently saw a photo of a red and white Ohio Star patterned quilt and I added it to my "To Do" list. I hope Santa brings me some Pam Kitty fabric:)

7:06 PM  
Blogger suz said...

Love the red and white quilt. I just got caught up on your blog and noticed you put a secret message in your alphabet fabric. That is adorable. But I loved Laurie's response to it...you may have started something here Pam!

4:16 AM  
Blogger Cathi said...

I love the red and white quilt -- so appealing! There's something about two-colour quilts that is irresistible and that one is a real beauty!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I love the red/white quilt. What's not to love right? And yes to the lovin Susan Branch.

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Robyn of Coffee and Cotton said...

And such BEAUTIFUL secrets at that! I love them. So refreshing to see 2-color quilts and not just the "popular this week" type of quilt :D

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older