Monday, December 12, 2011

Make

Good Monday Morning everybody! How was the weekend? Turns out here, we weren't panic stricken, which was a surprise. I'm sure this week I'll get that crazy feeling again,but this weekend felt kind of relaxed almost. Can't last, right?


I know in my interview with Tina, I said I wasn't making anything for Christmas gifts, but things come up and sometimes a cute handmade gift can come in handy. I used Elizabeth's free pattern for the tea towel, you can find it on her side bar, just scroll a bit till you see the pears tea towel button. I didn't add any applique, although some strawberries might have been cute. I used what I had on hand, plenty of PKM fabric. I added extra ruffles, all finished the same way you finish one ruffle, I like the nice finished edges.

Then I made a towel and pot holder set. You know you can get the pot holder instructions on my sidebar right? Very easy, I mean look, even I managed to get it mostly round. No one beats Elizabeth though when it comes to nice round pot holders.


I think Santa will be dropping this gift off with a bag of Holiday Peet's Coffee. But shhh, don't tell.


By the way! Check this out!

5 Comments:

Blogger Sharon Pernes said...

I love this! Thanks for being my guest today on my blog Craizee Corners. http://craizeecorner.blogspot.com/

6:55 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

I love it when the expected panic evaporates. I'm hoping you can get through the week without it.

Happy Monday!

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Tina said...

That is ADORABLE! Good on ya! And good for having a calm happy feeling. I'm trying to keep that feeling at Casita Contessa as well!

8:56 AM  
Blogger Sinta Renee said...

Perfect idea! Yor tea towel and potholder are super cute Pam. I will have to see what secrets Elizabeth has for perfect potholders! (I have your fabric ordered and can't wait to get it... my Christmas prezzie to me)!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Super cute. You could wrap a rock with your fabric and it would be darling. But these 2 really take the cake.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older