Thursday, February 09, 2012

Brainiac

Good morning! How goes it? I'm just getting ready to work on my Bloggers BOM block, courtesy of Quilt Dad. This block is a bit of a challenge for me, a little more free a little less matchy, and sometimes these days I have trouble with that. The nonmatchyness of it. (take that spellcheck)


I can't help but think of those asterisk blocks and how I could make those suckers really match up from block to block. But I digress. I just need to relax and make it.



This past weekend my car had some problems. Turns out that it has a bunch of little brains in it, and one of them knows who's driving the car and adjusts how it shifts to that person. I know, Orwellian plot right? Anyway that brain had a bit of a meltdown and a new one needed to be ordered so it would shift properly again. Last night we picked up a loaner because it will take a few days to get said brain. This car has a little coffee cup icon, how cute right? I'm thinking what kind of brain knows I like coffee? I wasn't even driving at the time. The cup is just there when we turn it on. Turns out this car has a bunch of brains as well. One of them knows how you normally drive and when you're driving 'drowsy' it supposedly warns you, with that coffee icon. Not much of a warning to me, but what I find funny is, each time we turned the car on ( without the key mind you, I mean really, I don't even have to think myself anymore, the car does it for me) the cup is there. What the heck was up with the last person driving?

So. Crazy right?

10 Comments:

Blogger Auntie Pami said...

How fun! That car must have been made in Seattle! What is it? I saw a Mini-Countryman at Costco and fell in love; a modern hip station wagon.

5:46 AM  
Blogger Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

How?
What?
I... I think I feel old.
No keys? *Wake-up, fool* icons?
I've been out of the new car market since '03 (yes, this Millenia) but I had no idea how much I've been missing.

6:17 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

I swear I wasn't the last person to drive that car. But apart from the Orwellian creepiness, it's nice the car reminds you to get your thermos mug of coffee off the roof before heading down the road.

Have fun working with the not-so-matchy block. It may take an extra shot of caffeine to get through. ;)

7:33 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

If cars only came with built in Keurigs life would be great1

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pam, you make me laugh so hard.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Genie said...

A hot cup sounds lovely right now.

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh those "smart cars" can be frustrating...but fun too! :)

5:16 PM  
Blogger debbie @ happy little cottage said...

I need coffee icons on everything! Cute mug (I have one just like it) and really cute fabric (i have some waiting for me on my sewing table-yay!)wink...
xoxo Debbie

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Susan W said...

oh sew funny..Really PKM I love your Keep Calm and Carry ON mug. Where did you find it? I live in rural PA. so mostly do online shopping. Sigh. No trips to wonderful shops unless I make a 100+ mile trip to a Big City. Can you please, with sugar on top, tell me where to find one? I've googled with no luck...

8:27 AM  
Blogger Julie Stewart said...

OMG, I want a coffee cup icon! I live in Seattle, we all need the icon!! Thanks PKM!!

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older