Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Something Fun

Luckily last Saturday I was reading through my blogroll and found out about Nested Treasures in Livermore. It's an open one weekend a month shop, and it was open over the weekend.


Super nice people there, very warm and friendly atmosphere!




Lots of treasure to be found and I look forward to having a new place to shop. Of course I'm filled with regret about a wonderful vintage goose yard ornament I saw. Dang it. Maybe it will still be there next month.


What I don't understand is, why didn't my friend Ann R. tell me about this! Ann????

My progress so far on the granny's! Looking forward to hearing what you're up to! xo

YIKES I totally didn't notice the yellow one has two pieces turned around! Dork!

8 Comments:

Blogger Melissa P said...

Those granny squares look so tempting. But I really need to finish the projects I've got going before I start anything new. Maybe in the meantime, I need to find the Sizzix die for those little squares.

Your new place to shop looks fun. Can you imagine if fabric shopping was limited to once a month?!

6:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are your grannys ecactly the way you meant them to be? No sure but one seems.......

7:20 AM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Oh my gosh, one is messed up!

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

After reading what Anonymous said, I had to go back and look. I didn't even notice. At least it is on the edge and not in the middle, so easier to fix. They are so cute though.
The Treasured Nest looks like a great place to shop. What a cute name. You have a great reason to visit again soon.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Bari Jo said...

hee... it took me forever to see what you were talking about... I kept looking and thought all the flowers on the yellows were going in good directions... looks good to me....I didn't see it right off.. you know, I've read that the Amish say nothing is perfect but the Lord, so they purposely put a mistake in each of their quilts... this could be your on purpose ode to the Amish.... it could be your Where's Waldo on Grannys quilt.... your I spy.... you're going to rip it out aren't you?.....

10:59 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

LOL, bet you rip it out, I know I would have to at least while it still a block. now once it got in the top, I'd be leaving I think! These look so cute Pam, very tempting but I want to Swoon it and Dresden Plate frenzy....no nearly enough time in the day!

5:06 PM  
Blogger Mary @ Sea Quilts said...

Isn't there an age-old tradition of purposely going with one block with an error in primitive quilts?

Honestly ... go with the "oh yeah, well I did that on purpose just to see if you were paying attention" theory and skip the seam ripper.

Mary

5:47 PM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

you.
are.
not.
a.
dork.
but rather a very talented and gifted seamstress....and that square moved itself in the pile of order. yup.

cute shopping destination!!!

xx

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older