Monday, December 10, 2012

Monday


How was the weekend?  Pretty good here!  Last week I had the pleasure of heading over to Alex's house for a little stunt sewing project.  It's fun to see Alex and I'm happy for the opportunity to help her out.  You can see a tidbit of the quilt I bound for her here.  It's coming to a Quilt Life issue soon.

Alex's

So cute, she had a tiny basket sitting out, made in Pam Kitty Love.  Died over it.  It's great spending time hanging out in her studio and finding out what's new. 

pk basket

Clearly didn't get any actual sewing done, but I did get a lot of prep work ready for this week.  Right here are my two row-along blocks, leaves and mittens, and a Dresden plate.  I am so in love with Amy's Peppermint Pinwheels, and I think my Pam Kitty Love stripe is perfect for them.
 
prep
 
 I'm making one for starters, we'll see where that goes. I don't want to get ahead of myself. I'm dreaming of one with different size peppermints, but you know me.. I'll be lucky if one comes together. Sometimes just the process is what interests me, not the final product. 
 
Ok my friends, tell me what you did over the weekend! xo
 
 

6 Comments:

Blogger Thimbleanna said...

That little basket block is adorable! Sounds like you had a super fun weekend -- time with friends is always good!

6:50 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I sewed all weekend. Never even got out of my PJ's. It was heavenly. Then I made a pot of soup and nearly cut my pinky finger off. Ouch. The whole time was thankful that I had just had a manicure and that my nails would look good for the ER. Thankfully I didn't end up needing stitches so didn't have to get dressed. Remind me to stick with sewing!

6:56 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

I did a little sewing this weekend, finishing up my friendship gifts for later in the month. Hoping to get some sewing time in too this week. Love the basket!

7:09 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

Love that basket! Too cute. I was actually productive this weekend, shockingly enough. Feels good to have one project done. Now to the rest!

7:13 AM  
Blogger Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

I went with son, DIL, hubby and grandsons on the Polar Express train here in NH to the North Pole to see Santa and hundreds and hundreds of elves! It was magic!

10:54 AM  
Blogger amy smart said...

Your stripe will make awesome pinwheels - and I would love to see different sizes too. Can't wait to see how they turn out!

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older