Monday, December 03, 2012

Sewing

Good morning! How was the weekend?  We had a lovely stormy weekend here, lots of wind and rain, but nothing damaging.  Just good cozy stay indoors weather.  I got a ton of sewing done.  These poor lost cups are all in a row, as are the geese.  Now to cut some leaves and get busy on those.  This weeks row will soon be here and I hope to be ready to get started on it.


cups

I started what I hope might turn into a fine idea, I made one of Lori's cakes, and it was very fast and fun. I'm thinking of turning this into a square and making it a cake pillow. Wouldn' t that make a perfect birthday gift? Or maybe a single cake wall hanging, I'm not too sure right now, I just couldn't wait to make one. So calorie free and satisfying, it took longer to figure out what to use than it did to cut and make.
 
Cake Walk
 
I hope you had a great weekend.  I suppose your tree is up? You house decorated? We picked up some huge poinsettia's for the front porch, that's as far as we've gotten. Tell me what you're up to.

10 Comments:

Blogger Nedra said...

I have a friend who is making individual cakes and then putting them in frames for the birthday person.
So glad you were OK weather wise. My sister lives off the Napa River in St. Helena, where the river overflowed it's banks into their yard. But, this time their house stayed dry :)

5:52 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

I did a little decorating and gift sewing. The rain came to SoCa to but not with all fury of up North. But we still have some today, Heavy enough to muddle traffic, slow enough to soak into the ground!

6:00 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Coffee abd cake = how perfect! What did I do all weekend? Why, sew with my new PKM fabrics of course! (I was in heaven)!

6:49 AM  
Blogger Lori Holt said...

You are moving right along with your rows....yay!!!
I love my cake block in your fabric...very sweet.
Just like you!!!

6:51 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

What a cute cake block! Love the zero calorie part too.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I hope to make my flying geese row today. I am scrambling to catch up! Your cups are adorable.

8:22 AM  
Blogger •stephanie• said...

hey, nedra (and pam!) . . .
i have a friend who is making individual cakes and then putting them in frames for the birthday person, too!

you can see a photo of one of vicki's cakes right here: http://stuphfromsteph.blogspot.com/2012/09/september-quilt-group.html

that row of cups is adorable. i don't think you can go wrong with lori's pattern. i just finished my flying geese, so i'm still behind on cups and leaves.

one of these days . . .

10:33 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Your sewing is darling. I love the cake with PKL fabric. Perfect. The tree is up. Mason did it, which means it looks like it. I'll pretty it up when I get a chance. But it is up and my stuff is out, although kind of piled. I need to dust. Hate that so I just go in the sewing room and sew. Typical me.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Kim Brackett said...

Your cups are adorable! And a birthday cake pillow would be too fun.

5:49 PM  
Anonymous DianeP said...

The birthday cake is so cute! It would make a great wall hanging to be displayed on for birthdays.

I like the idea of framing them for each member of the family to have their special day - that's great!

4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older