Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Boutique Patchwork

Hi there! Yup, I'm back here with coffee at our usual spot. It's 2013 and I can hardly believe it! How did the first day work out for you?    I'm going to need you to catch me up on everything!
 
In the meantime, you might remember these cute Boutique Patchwork books if you've been meeting me here for a while.  I wrote about them here, here and here, and even Monica mentions the little Square Patchwork one here.


Cute Patchworks


Cute Patchworks
 
They are the cutest little Japanese books, and I bought them at Kinokuniya  back in 2007. It was at the beginning of my obsession with Japanese craft books. The little projects are darling.  But let's get to the point. I'm not trying to traumatize you with things you might not be able to find!  

Sweet and Simple Patchwork Gifts

I was browsing through Amazon and saw the cover of this book. Those projects look pretty familiar, and low and behold, it's a compilation of the 5 craft books! IN ENGLISH! I ordered it right off and have to say, it has most of the really cute projects I loved. The instructions probably aren't the greatest, but at least I can read it! It's   enough of the projects that make it a worth while purchase for me. Space is at a premium around here, so I need to pace myself with acquisitions.   I did make this cute little spring frame purse which I think came out  cute.
 
I've been working on some other things, I'll get my camera out to show you proof of that tomorrow! Have a great day super peeps!  Happy New Year!
 
 

12 Comments:

Blogger laurie said...

Thank you! I think. I just ordered the book. You are my Japanese Craft Book enabler.

5:39 AM  
Blogger circle r motel said...

I don't have any one to make things for so I have to steer away from that kind of stuff. But, I am working on my vintage ornament quilt (table topper). My mom said it looks like her Japanese lanterns. And, I'm working on a mystery quilt - it uses some of my batik stash! And I have my mittens to make for Lori Holt's quilt. Then, my five quilt squares for my Civil War quilt (by the way - the movie Lincoln is very good). All that should keep me busy for awhile. LOL.

6:13 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

Too cute! Having English would be a huge help--even poorly worded English instructions.

So glad to be back to the usual morning routines around here. Which of course, include coffee and PKM.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh that is great! And I have an Amazon credit! Thanks Pam!

9:49 AM  
Blogger Kerri said...

Oh, thanks for sharing! I'll be ordering the book on Amazon now! :) Your little spring frame purse turned out really sweet!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Vickie E said...

I bought it too! love that they are in English :) happy quilting day to you.

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found it in Joanne's a a couple of months ago. It really has so many cute ideas. I started the hexie bag and there's a really nice spring-ish table runner thats next on the list. I do agree that the directions could be a bit better. Kathy (no blog)

12:26 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

I have those books, too. I need to revisit them and see if I want to buy this new version. Probably. You know me.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Robyn of Coffee and Cotton said...

Oh Be Still My Heart!!! I am off to order now. Thank you for the link!

2:55 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Happy New Year PKM! I'm looking forward to seeing all the mischief that you get up to in 2013!

8:03 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Thanks for the heads up about this book!!!! Just ordered one for a friend (and me too), that will flip over it!! Happy New Year to you and your family.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Keri F said...

Hi Pam. I have the Sweet & Simple book and have started the hexie hot pads, but I will machine sew the final layers together, not hand sew like they did. Cute projects! Happy New Year.

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older