Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Wednesday

So what's doing with you this fine Wednesday morning? I picked up my three quilts from Diana, my quilter, and have busily been sewing on bindings.  The timing is perfect because we've had a bit of a cold snap. 

binding
 
Sure, it's not like we've got snow, but it's been pretty chilly here.  It seems sunny and should be warm, but you step outside and that wind feels a little icy.  Anyway, bundling up with a quilt seems perfect.
 
I had one of those lesson learning moments with this little stack of binding.  It's made of 10 inch strips left over from my thimbles.  It's very cheerful.  There are a  lot  of seams, so I decided not to do a little test run around my quilt, pinning the binding down to make sure that there were no seams on the corners. I mean with all those seams I didn't think it could be avoided.  I stitched up one side and then WHAM, right along the bottom, I run into a problem. A big chunk of binding is exactly the same as one of the thimbles. What are the odds I thought as I stopped and took out that chunk of binding and moved it to the end. Yeah, what are the odds?
 
The odds are pretty darn good. not a foot later it happened again.
 
Well you just have to laugh right?  Hope the week is treating you well. xo

7 Comments:

Blogger Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

_Seams_ to me you were in a bit of a _bind_
Glad you could laugh it off... not that you were _in stitches_ but a little humor can help!

7:04 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

Yep, you just have to laugh. Even if it's hysterical, maniacal laughter. The alternatives are just not worth contemplating.

Glad you're making progress!

7:23 AM  
Blogger suz said...

If you had tried to to that, it definitely wouldn't have happened!

7:31 AM  
Blogger MIss Sherry said...

I HATE THAT WHEN THAT HAPPENS. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE PICTURES FROM MARKET.... WISH WE WERE GOING SIGH....

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You always have such a good natured response to life's frustrations. I enjoy your blog. Your cheeful fun loving attitude spills out in your posts. I think you're my favorite blogger.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Doh! I wish I could think of something witty to say, but your other commenters seem to have it covered. At least it provided entertainment for your flock!

6:32 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Cooler weather and bindings...they go together.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older