Thursday, May 30, 2013

Thursday

Good morning peoples!  So yesterday I slacked on blogging but worked on accomplishing.   I was feeling pretty happy with myself at first.  Then I noticed that little short bit and  when trying to figure out if it was in the seam allowance, noticed that I missed a couple of pieces. 


oops not done yet.
 
I think the biggest problem I have is that whole flipping back and forth in combination with angles.  That's a huge area of weakness. I remember paper piecing in the past and I'd have a triangle perfect then flip and what do you know, it's going the whole wrong direction. 

segment really done
 
Anyway I got it together and managed to get all the units done and sewn together.  It's undoubtedly off a smidgen here and there but it doesn't seem to matter.  And if it does, don't tell me! It was a challenge and I feel totally happy with the results. Lynn's wonderful tutorial is perfection and my mistakes and challenges are all my own.

lily's quilts tutorial
 
Maybe tomorrow I'll be brave enough to cut it and assemble it into the tea cozy.
 
I love the look of paper piecing and OH MY that Ringo Pie group makes me practically faint every time I look at it. Every block is so clever and the fabric choices so fun. And even better, the large group of friends is certainly enviable.
 
So what's on your agenda today? Anything fun?

9 Comments:

Blogger CuteStuffInside said...

I love it in pink and red!

6:12 AM  
Blogger Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

It looks PERFECT!!!

6:26 AM  
Blogger Gwendellyn said...

Eek! Pink Union Jack tea cozy?? Too cute!

7:25 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

I don't think anyone could possibly get past all the cuteness to look for imperfections. It's so sweet!

7:50 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

I always have the same problem with paper pieced triangles. Yours look wonderful!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Heidi Staples said...

Love your fabric choices!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Bowbailey said...

I just looked at the Ringo Pie Ficker photos and I'm blown away by these quilt blocks. I need to really work on paper piecing, so I can make something like these. Just amazing! And your Union Jack is adorable.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Little Lady Patchwork said...

XOXO...true PMK Style!
Stefanie

8:13 PM  
Anonymous aliceeyyy said...

I tried it a lot of times but wouldn't be able to have perfect one like yours.

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older