Saturday, June 15, 2013

School's out for the summer.... almost!

Hi there Happy Saturday and Happy Last day of school before finals!! I've had a blast sewing through Barbara's book Civil War Sampler with my friends Kimberly and Debbie and of course all the people who played along at home! The flickr group is full of great  blocks, you should take a look.  I love how the blocks can look completely different based on fabric selection, placement of lights and darks etc.  And sewing, isn't it just plain old fun?
 
So here's my last row of blocks.  Here's Twin Sister

twinsisters
 
Union Square
 
unionsquare
 
Rail Road Crossing

railroadcrossing
 
Grapes of Wrath

grapesofwrath
 
Court House Square

courthousesquare
 
And here they all are.

month7
 
I don't have a big enough spot to lay this out and get a photograph of the whole thing.  I'm only so daring when it comes to the ladder, so the footstool has to do!

Thanks to Fat Quarter Shop for hosting this fun sew along each month, I had a blast. Did you sew along with us?  I hope you'll put your photos up in our flickr group!  Hope on over to the Jolly Jabber and see the last row for Kimberly and Debbie. Then come back next month to see the finished quilt. 

P. S.  The early birds reading saw the whole thing....shhhh ! My mistake!

9 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

I love your quilt and the new take on old blocks. I'm new to quilting and wondered how one goes about collecting fabrics for a quilt like this? Do you buy them all at once and if so how many different prints do you choose? Are the outer borders chosen at the beginning or once you finish all the blocks. A kit for this quilt would suit me just fine!
Jill

6:30 AM  
Blogger Bev said...

I, who almost never move more than absolutely necessary, am jumping up and down with delight at your quilt! The fabric is fabulous! The red border is perfect! I have that book. I just made a big deal on my blog about finishing ufo's before starting something else. Now I have an internal struggle. Thanks PKM, thanks....sigh...

Cheery wave from
Bev

6:46 AM  
Blogger Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

What a sweet quilt, I love it!!

7:11 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

Yay! A spectacular finish with that red border. I'm loving those pops of black in there.

Happy weekend!

7:22 AM  
Blogger Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

My goodness, you make happy quilts!

7:27 AM  
Blogger Donna@AllthingsMing said...

It all looks so fabulous!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Linzee said...

Such a fresh-feeling quilt, Pam. I love it! And I'm impressed at how many you made. I tried the Farmer's Wife quilt in greys and yellows, but gave up. Here's to your perseverance and good eye for color!

3:56 PM  
Blogger Terry Conner said...

Great job. Looks like fun.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Little Lady Patchwork said...

I love your blocks so much that I might have to get this book also!
XOXO,
Stefanie

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older