Monday, July 29, 2013

A story that's straight from the heart.

Welcome to Monday!  How are you? Was the weekend wonderful? I sure hope so! Friday I spent the day over Holly's working on the Pam Kitty Picnic strikes offs that came in. It's going to sound totally cornball when I tell you this , but when I saw them it was like seeing the designs again for the first time.


Pam Kitty Picnic
 
To back track a little for those of you who might not know it, LakeHouse shows all it's collections on paper first. It's a way that's working for us, and we can insure that we print  the right amount of fabric.  Ordering too much or too little are equally disastrous as you might imagine.  LakeHouse has been successful with this because they have such a great reputation, and I can't tell you how excited and thrilled I am to be working with them. 

Pam Kitty Picnic
 
But back to my story. I've been seeing Pam Kitty Picnic on my computer for  quite a while now.. we usually start working on the collection  6 months or so before we show it to you at Quilt Market in May.  So by now I'm used to it, kind of taking it for granted almost, because you know it's been  a while. 

Pam Kitty Picnic
 
And then we pull the strikeoffs out of the envelopes and OH MY GOSH it's like falling in love all over again.  It's fabric and I can touch it and it has turned out so well that I can't even believe its real. I know I've said it before but I'll say it again, Holly does 99% of the work here, more to be honest, and it's just absolutely amazing. 

Pam Kitty Picnic
 
Of course some things aren't quite right yet, things that I don't necessarily notice catch Holly's eye and so there's some tweeking to be done.  We spent the day looking at each strike off deciding which one we liked and what we might change to make it better, what looks like an error. 

Pam Kitty Picnic
 
I hope you're falling in love with the line as well.  These yellows are just like sunshine.   For those of you who are hoarding Pam Kitty fabrics and for shop owners who have some Pam Kitty left, you'll be happy to know that we also pulled out our shipping samples of Pam Kitty Morning and Pam Kitty Love to make sure that we're telling a consistent story, and that our older fabrics will blend seamlessly in to our new collection.

Pam Kitty Picnic
 
One of the things I love about LakeHouse from way back in my quilt shop days is that the colors are so rich and if you're not displaying them as a group, you can slide them right into the color wall and they make friends with all their neighbors.  We have a lot of prints here that make good basics I think.  Of course I'm more than a little  biased about that! 


Pam Kitty Picnic

When I laid out the greens next to these whites I thought to myself, these are so cool and nice, I just want to layout on the lawn and have a picnic and I realize OHMYGOSH ...Pam Kitty Picnic. It's just the feeling we'd hoped we captured and I'm here to say, for me it did.  I hope that you want to go on a picnic too ..  If you're a shopowner who's been on the fence about ordering, I hope that you'll place your order soon for what I think is the prettiest collection so far. Friends and quilters, I hope you'll want to buy our fabric when it's available in stores.   I know you have a lot of choices available to you, and I hope you'll think about Pam Kitty Picnic! I appreciate all your support and friendship more than you can imagine.   xo
 
 

32 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yummy...can't wait!

5:14 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Packing up the potato salad and lemonade! Love the colors and the prints are so sweet!

6:42 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Love it!!!

6:46 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Ohhhhh! I can hardly wait!

6:58 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

So fresh and sweet. Love those crisp greens! And so happy that your feeling about the line didn't change when the strike offs arrived.

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love, love, love!! Always bright and cheerful!

7:23 AM  
Blogger Annelies said...

To adorable....can't wait til I can get some!!! XXXX

7:29 AM  
Blogger Debbie Johnson said...

I can not wait!!! It is so beautiful! LOVE the white with the red foodie words. Thinking already what I want to make with them. The problem I have is when I buy your fabrics no project is worthy of it!
Hugs,
Debbie

7:41 AM  
Blogger Kim with a K said...

Oh my gosh I can't wait!!!
Love the greens...obssessed with the red text!!!
I adore all your fabric lines and I'm always happy when fabrics play well with each other!!!

8:09 AM  
Blogger Deborah said...

I've never met a piece of your fabric line that I didn't just LOVE. My stash has its own special place in my sewing room. Thanks so much to you and to Holly.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Oh yes I'm a pam kitty hoarder. I even ordered more last week of one of the blue ginghams I'm out of. I find they fit seamlessly to other fabrics I like and vintage fabric. I'm a believer and the new line is AMAZEBALLS! The yellow is my favorite. And the lights are fresh and exciting that will go with it all. I love the prints. Hit it of the park once again.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

All I can say, is MUST OWN!

9:49 AM  
Blogger donna said...

I so love it. Can not wait to get it in my shop.
Hugs
donna

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Sandy said...

Love the new fabrics, especially the one with the white background with posies sprinkled all over : )

12:12 PM  
Blogger Julie Stewart said...

They are beautiful, Pam! I can't wait until they show up on the UPS truck.

I just picked up a PamKittyLove quilt from the quilter. A little binding magic and I will be sharing it! xo J

12:29 PM  
Blogger Farm Road Quilts said...

Ordered several bolts and can't wait for them to get here!!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Rachaeldaisy said...

I'll be keeping my eye out for these gorgeous fabrics!!!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

How pretty ....

2:44 PM  
Blogger Gwendellyn said...

I'm so in love with that text print and all the florals!! So excited to see this in shops, I need need more Pam Kitty in my life!

7:09 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Um.... yeah. Those will be in my stash. Definitely!

1:19 AM  
Blogger Vickie E said...

Pam, I'm not sure hope you two top the prior collections but you do! This one is very very cool. I know I will be getting bundles of it. Keep up the awesome work. Btw, I think I love this because its just about got a 1930's flair to it which is my first fabric love.

3:56 AM  
Blogger Little Lady Patchwork said...

My favorite print is the red & white one with the writing on it :0)
Stefanie

5:16 AM  
Blogger Robbienae said...

Thank you so much for bringing these beautiful fabrics to us! I see a million possibilities.

5:41 AM  
Blogger Barbb said...

Oh, Pam......can't wait for more!
Pam Kitty Picnic is lovely!!!

6:07 AM  
Anonymous Kristyne said...

must.have.it.all ... !!!!!!!!!!! xo k

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Kate said...

I have loved all your fabrics so far and this line is one I know I I will be buying. I'm sure you have some absolutely cute ideas for using this fabric and will be showing us.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Meadowcreek said...

Oh, love the fabrics! Can't wait to get some.

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks like your prettiest range so far!

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Staci said...

Beautiful colors and patterns. I came here from Instagram and love your Pam Kitty Picnic line. I need to get Lakehouse fabric in my store. :)

9:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love it!

11:54 PM  
Blogger cat and vee xoxo said...

oh my gosh Pam - I am way behind on my blog reading, so am only just seeing this now - your Picnic line is beeeeeautiful!! I can't wait to see that text print up close - and I can't wait to fussy-cut 'dishes men like' to make something for my husband! He's a way better cook than me, so he will find that very funny. Catherine

3:17 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

It's SUPER Delicious PKM! I especially love those text fabrics!!!

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older