Sunday, July 28, 2013

Stitching for the Kitchen

Good morning! Welcome to my day of the Gooseberry Patch Stitching for the Kitchen  book tour. The people from the publisher Sixth and Spring generously sent me a copy to review and invited me to participate, how could I say no! 


Gooseberry Patch

Like all of Gooseberry Patch's publications, this one is chock full of their darling little illustrations and delicious recipes.  There are 30 projects for your home, perfect for yourself and for gift giving.  Have you been to Kay's blog? She made the  cute Market Tote Bag, and you can read about it here.
 
Stitching for the kitchen
 
I have a long time love for log cabin blocks, so this Log Cabin Potholder was the perfect project for me.  Gooseberry Patch and I agree, we like to pre-cut all our strips to the correct size so that our blocks turn out nice and square. This potholder is a perfect project  to use up your leftovers! and turns out adorable don't you think?  To see another cute project made up, check out Wild Olive's embroidered tea towel!

cherries
 
Cute right?
 
 
For a complete list of Gooseberry Patch blog hop participants, check out my post here.  And then hop over to see my friend Scott, he's posting about it today too!  Now scoot, check it out and then get back to your happy weekending!

17 Comments:

Blogger Miranda P said...

Gooseberry Patch is wonderful. That potholder is adorable!

7:35 AM  
Blogger VickiT said...

Oh my gosh! Your Log Cabin Potholder is just adorable and looks awesome with all your kitchen goodies in the picture. Beautiful potholder.

7:35 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

Very cute! Just the right accent for those measuring spoons.

7:43 AM  
Blogger CathyK said...

Love, love, love that potholder!!!!!! Those measuring spoons are ADORABLE, too!!!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Patti said...

Love your sweet potholder? Just love pink and red!

8:36 AM  
Blogger Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

That is a potholder too cute to use!!

9:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just love the potholder; I really need some new ones myself. Can't wait to see someone do the cupcake holder!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Judy1522 said...

Love your potholder it is so cute!

10:38 AM  
Blogger life in red shoes said...

Everything they do is cute cute cute!
Thanks for sharing :)

11:09 AM  
Blogger B Greene said...

What a great project - I definitely need to make these!

2:48 PM  
Blogger M.j. said...

Love Love the log cabin potholder....are you giving one away? Not sure....thanks anyway...mary ciao4now64 at yahoo dot com.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Jeanna said...

Your potholder is adorable and a MUST HAVE. I agree, cutting the strips the exact size needed makes a perfect log cabin block.

Your photos are amazing.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Love your potholder! Looks like a fun book!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Jessie Fincham said...

ooh what a great looking book! I haven't seen this one before. Your log cabin so so sweet!! xo

5:58 AM  
Blogger Carolyn in Kentucky said...

I adore your potholder, I love log cabin blocks.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Joan and Kevin said...

The book looks great!
I love your cherry dishes!

4:50 PM  
Anonymous apple blossom said...

from what I've seen this looks like a book I'd love to have thanks

5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older