Thursday, August 01, 2013

Pin-spiration

I'm restless this week and just not focusing on anything in particular.  Do you have times like that?  I want to make things, and it seems like there are so many great things to make, I just can't settle down with one thing.  I continue to cut out pieces of my applique, but my attention span is pretty bad.  But every piece puts me one bit closer to  actually fusing it and blanket stitching. I love blanket stitching so much..  you're going to get sick of seeing it once I get started.  IF I EVER GET STARTED.


a little pin-spiration
 
What's this you say? Well hopefully if I actually say right here that it's going to be a fun project that might be ready to show you tomorrow.. I might actually do it.  So I'm cautiously optimistic that tomorrow I'll be farther than this.  Don't get your hopes up though.  I'm inspired by something on pinterest, and if it turns out, you'll see it. If not.... well w e just won't speak of it again.
 
Tell me about your week. I'm all ears..

10 Comments:

Blogger Sharrieboberry said...

If you build it...they will come. :D

6:01 AM  
Anonymous Rita Champion said...

I have to tell you that your strawberry quilt inspired me. I had berry boxes sitting on my kitchen counter that were a neat blue color. My husband was threating to throw them away so I stashed them in my sewing room and as I was looking at them I thought of your strawberry quilt and it inspired me to order the pattern and next spring I'm going to make something for 6 of my friends, tuck in a jar of homemade strawberry jam and some other goodies and send it to them as a surprise! Thanks for the inspiration :-)

6:06 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Today I am off to help Julie @jaybirdquilts for the weekend at the Long Beach International Quilt Show! Lots of fun, chatting with quilters and since I am busy I save money!! (Wink, wink)

6:24 AM  
Blogger Bev said...

I just have to tell you that I so enjoy you! I am so much like you are with tons of things going on at the same time. Thanks for sharing!

Cheery wave from
Bev

6:37 AM  
Blogger girlsewnuts54 said...

Usually when I feel that way & can't seem to focus it's because there's just too much going on & too many folks tugging on my apron strings. Thinking of all the other stuff I need to do interferes with my creative mojo! Time to bolt the door and turn on some calm music.
Love reading about the stuff your working on. :-)

6:48 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

Crossing my fingers that we'll get to see more of this. These pieces are darling all by themselves.

7:32 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Oh wow. I love how that green works for a stem. It is so interesting that way. I have to use that for a stem...love it.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

Now that you have teased us with these adorable pieces I think you owe us the kindness of working on it so we can see what it is. Do whatever you need to do to get started--listen to your favorite music, spend a little time outside with a nice cup of coffee and then get going.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

So cute! Hope you get to finish it! I just want to make things too!

11:10 AM  
Blogger Jodie said...

Oh I know that feeling !!!!! Good luck, hope it all works out the way you see it.

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older