Friday, January 31, 2014

Friday Catch Up

Hi there! I'm back, seems like forever since I've been here! How are you? What are you up to?  I'm catching up slowly but surely. I had great intentions of just kicking butt yesterday but turns out I mostly had my butt kicked from so much vacation fun.

coffee
 
Bret and I kicked off our weekend in SoCal by heading out early so we could check out the antique stores in The City of Orange. We went to quite a few good sized antique malls and it was great fun. Lots of things we don't see around here so that's always a treat.  I really enjoyed the gardens in the back of the Country Roads Antiques and Gardens, I love gardens that look like they've evolved over time with all kinds of rusty pails and broken down furniture. They remind me of places we'd go when I was a kid, grandma gardens as I like to think of them. 

Country Roads Antiques and Gardens City of Orange
 
We stayed at The Grand Californian again, sad that we were missing the meet up with Roseann and Bob since we were sick during CHA and our usual rendezvous. We made the best of it though, visiting Disneyland and California Adventure two days in a row. 

World of Color-California Adventure

Cars Land, California Adventure

Party lights-California Adventure
 
I have to say that I really love both Disneyland and California Adventure at night. We went both days to the evening World of Color show, which is lovely, but I really like walking around looking at the lights. It's very dramatic and colorful. Of course I love A Bugs Land, so many cute little gardeny kinds of things like Flik's Flyers, which kills me. Of course Instagram got the in the moment photos. You can see them here.  There's a lot of nonsense there, including what I thought looked like a chunky  IronMan suit that immediately made me think of IronPam™. (sorry it seems funnier to me with that trademark symbol.. I'm weird.) I would have had a picture standing next to it if I hadn't been for a misadventure on the Grizzly River Run that brought the words "drowned rat" to mind. 
 
The highlight of the trip was as stop we made on Wednesday morning on our way back home. 
 

The places we go-Paramount

Fantastic Parade Mobile=Paramount
 
Dana made our visit special, our own private parade around the studio. 

Happy Ride-Paramount
 
We saw some dark alley ways.

dark alley-Paramount
 
Ran into some brick walls.

Misc brick wall-Paramount
 
Saw a street that looked like it could be anywhere in the world.
 
Streets of the World-Paramount

Took some pictures. 

Paramount


Saw some celebrities then sat in their chairs.

The big man's chair.
 
Talked about absent friends.

absent friends remembered

Had a coffee then it was time to go.
 
Coffee with friends
 
I'm not going to lie, Bret and I agreed it was probably the most exiting and best day we'd had in quite a while! Thanks Dana for having us.

So now you're caught up! I've missed you! Have a great weekend! xo

4 Comments:

Blogger Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

I cannot deny it: Vacation envy!
Disneyland and Paramount owe you a heap of gratitude for all the great, and free, press!
Bonus points for you… hanging out with Monica!!
Cheers!

5:21 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Sounds like a very fun time all around. I love vacations that involve mostly food and fun and not so much racing from place to place. Wonder if I can get my husband to grand Californian for a couple of days. We live about 8 mi away!

8:59 AM  
Blogger Nancy B said...

Whaaat?? You didn't go to Road to California while you were down there? Strawberry Patches won a prize for the cutest booth. Way to go Suzanne!

Happy Sewing!
Nancy

2:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older