Monday, January 06, 2014

Monday!


Hi there, how was your weekend?  We had a super fun weekend!!!  Bret, Frankie and I, headed into San Francisco Saturday.  It was my first time across the new span.  I think the light posts are kind of weird and very sci-fi looking, but it's interesting and modern. I felt  like I was driving into an episode of Fringe when we were on the approach. That center bit is so tall you can barely see that there's an American Flag up there.  I didn't notice it driving over it, and can just barely see it in the picture. 
 
 
SF Bay Bridge

SF Bay Bridge
 
This view is always going to be 'the view' when it comes to the bridge, there's just something about the way it looks as you drive out of the tunnel. 

bay bridge
 
Anyway. Moving on.  The reason we were in the city was to meet up with online friend Catherine and her family, Jim, her husband and Annabel and Millie her daughters.  Really they couldn't be nicer. They're here  on a nice long vacation  from Australia.  We had a long lunch on Fisherman's Wharf and it was a super fun afternoon. 

Frankie, Catherine and I
 
 The weather was perfect and I felt guilty enjoying it with so many people under blankets of snow.  Don't worry, you'll get me back when we're roasting here at 110 degrees.  If you want to follow along with Catherine you can find her here on instagram. She's always making fun things, and you can see she loves color when you visit here etsy shop and website.
 
Sunday I tried my hand at sewing the rows of my deer quilt together. What a disaster. I finally had to just stop and set it aside.. I had the order all messed up and had to unsew everything.  Better luck next time I guess. This week will be a busy one, so I'm not sure when I'll get back to it.
 
Hope you have a great week planned.  Tell me what you're up to! xo
 
 

6 Comments:

Blogger dream quilt create said...

I drove over that bridge I mid December when one of my daughters came to visit, for the first time. I was driving , so didn't take any photos, lol. I'm sorry you had trouble with your quilt. I can't stand having to take out rows! I live in the Sacramento Rocklin to be exact. Do you live closeby?

6:25 AM  
Blogger Nedra said...

My brother walked across the new part of the bridge last weekend. Next time I am home I would love to do the same.

7:08 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

For as many trips up North as I made this year I still haven't gotten to the city. Bridge looks very cool and it looks like you had a great time...but chilly!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Looks like a super fun weekend PKM. We're hunkered down in the cold here -- I wish I could send you some snow -- it's beautiful!

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

Isn't it fun to meet up with an online friend? Your pictures are beautiful. We haven't been to San Francisco in so long. Love that blue sky.

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what, I mess up so often and so badly, this post is really a huge encouragement to me. No, seriously, it is! I keep telling myself, "stay calm and rip it out." Right? Haven't been to San Francisco in nearly 40 years but I did totally love it when I was there!

Mary

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older