Friday, April 25, 2014

Yikes

HELLO FRIDAY! It's been a busy week, what about where you are? We're closing in on market, and consequently there's a lot more activity.  Went to Holly's the other day to pick up some Sausalito Cottage yardage for a project. Shipping samples are just in, and that's always an exciting time.   This collection turned out even more amazing than it looked on paper or even on as the strike offs. The colors are so rich and vibrant.  I can see why people wanted the hydrangeas back again.  Holy cow. I was hanging out while on my own so I took the time to play around with piles of fabric. 
 


Sausalito Cottage

Sausalito Cottage

Sausalito Cottage

Sausalito Cottage

I love how modern this print is.  The colors are so rich. Even if you're not into the more traditional prints of this collection, these great textures go with anything. They have the tiniest bit of pearl, that will add interest to any quilt.

Sausalito Cottage

The greens.. I love green a lot and Holly makes a point of having a nice selections of greens with applique in mind.

Sausalito Cottage

I tried to capture the subtle bit of pearl that is on some of the prints.  It's really lovely.

Sausalito Cottage



Sausalito Cottage4

Sausalito Cottage

It's a lovely collection. I'm sewing a market project with some of the periwinkle prints and really enjoying a bit of a change of pace.  So.. that's what I'm up to.  What about you?  Hope you have a happy weekend ahead! xo
 

9 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

Just finishing a quilt top with these lovely colors, some of the older prints in the mix. I have started to think about a backing. and Ta Da!! Here it is, only of these will be perfect.

5:31 AM  
Blogger Helen Philipps said...

Gorgeous prints.....the text one in pink made my heart skip a beat!! I love the periwinkle blues that Holly creates too. I have been sewing a happy, scrappy quilt this rainy afternoon, just for fun!
Happy weekend.
Helen xox

9:07 AM  
Blogger Library Gal Quilts said...

Love those prints! I love the sparkly parts too...can't wait for them!

10:05 AM  
Blogger greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

I think that I am most excited about those large tonal florals and the newsprint toiles! We have rain coming tonight, but Sunday looks like a good day to get outside. And I need to start planning my two vacations because they are rapidly approaching!

10:22 AM  
Blogger jenni said...

I love the texts prints, darling line!

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my!! These fabrics are incredibly beautiful. I could never pick just one. Love the hydrangeas with the greens that you laid out. I better put some cash aside for the time when it arrives at my favorite fabric store. Thanks for the preview.
Rita in CA

1:47 PM  
Blogger cat and vee xoxo said...

oh my GOSH Pam, these prints are just so gorgeous! I will be needing lots of them. My Mum and Dad have some amazing hydrangeas, so I will have to sew something up for Mum from those prints. Hope you are all well. xx

1:21 AM  
Blogger Robbienae said...

When I was 7years old, my mom let me choose the paint color for my bedroom, and I chose Lavendar. I can't wait to make a pretty Lavendar quilt with these lovely fabrics!

5:02 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Wait! Back the truck UP!!!!

What's that print with all the words and the BEEHIVE??? You KNOW Nanette and I are going to have to HAVE that print!

LOVE those wonderful colors!!!!

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older