Thursday, May 29, 2014

Thursday

I'm a pretty bad procrastinator, so  since market is just freshly over and I have two free patterns to go with  Pam Kitty Garden, I decided not to wait so long to get started on the instructions.  Tulip Garden is a quilt that I'd been working on for a while, long before Holly and I decided that this collection would be garden inspired. 

block testing

I decided to whip out a test block for the applique one day and I had the shapes cut out and fused in no time. Except of course I had forgotten my shapes were cut for the original smaller size block I'd planned. So it worked out well that I decided to check it out first.  Note to self: mark your photoshop files with block size information.

block testing

The tulips were significantly bigger... too bad my leaves were fused already.  Darn it. But I'm glad I got it all worked out in advance.  Yesterday I cut out everything I needed to make myself a little kit to stitch up.  I'm sure you'll see this tulip shape again, I really love it. 
 
 
block fixing!
 
Now after cutting all those tulip shapes, I'm wishing I had a die for cutting, tulips in 2 or 3 sizes plus some leaves would be awesome. I have a lot more ideas for it.
 
Ok people, hope you're having a good week. In case I don't get back here tomorrow, have a great weekend! xo

9 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

Looking forward to seeing more of these cute shapes! Have a great weekend Pam!

5:54 AM  
Blogger Jessie Fincham said...

I love, love love your applique block Pam!! I've been wanting to do an applique quilt for ages now! You may have given me the nudge I needed to have a go at it ;-) xo

6:00 AM  
Blogger Kristen King said...

Ohhh are those tulips cute!!!

7:43 AM  
Blogger jan said...

Just adorable! Love them!

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Penny said...

Is it odd that your tulips remind me of kittens' heads? They're cute as pie!

12:46 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Cute cute cute, love it.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Helen Philipps said...

I love this tulip block, it is really very pretty!
Happy weekend, Pam!
Helen xox

1:34 AM  
Blogger Library Gal Quilts said...

Tulips are my favorite! Good job on this cute block! Have a good weekend yourself! xo Pam

10:50 AM  
Blogger Tracey said...

Love this block!

4:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older