Friday, August 15, 2014

Friday

Well it's the end of another week!  Big plans for the weekend?  Not much going on here for sure.  Yesterday I had some plans fall through, so I  used the time for a leisurely coffee morning followed by some sewing. The mornings have been cool which has been delightful. 

coffee
 
This month was Nanette's turn to request a Sweet Bee Block.  She chose a courthouse steps block with a fussy cut floral center.  I finally printed out the instructions and got my fabrics cut.  I selected a piece of  my favorite floral for the center and carefully cut out a little bouquet of flowers. 

Sweet Bee Block

Once cut the block goes together in just a few minutes.  Like under 10 minutes and that's with some dawdling in between. Now I need to pack up the block and send it away to Nanette.

Nanette's Sweet Bee Block
 
My turn is next month, and I'm working on my block so I'm ready with instructions! It's hard to choose what to make, but I'm closing in on my decision!  Hope you have a good weekend everyone !!

6 Comments:

Blogger Cat said...

lovely lovely block with your fabrics. Hoping to get in some sewing on a quilt I am working on, but alas I am somewhat bored with it and SO MANY other projects waiting in the wings! XXOOO Cat
PS: love the coffee photos!

6:50 AM  
Blogger Bev said...

First, I love that coffee cup! Second, I love that block. Of course, what makes it look fab is the fabric! Thanks for sharing! XO

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your pretty fabrics always make for a happy block. I like that even though it's a red and white block, there are splashes of color, blue, green yellow! Sew cheerful. I am sure that Nanette will like it. I enjoy reading your blog in the morning, thanks for sharing.

8:31 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Its friday!! hurrah, lunch tomorrow with a dear friend and then much sewing I hope for a 3 day weekend.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

That is a pretty block made with adorable fabric!!

12:07 PM  
Blogger donna said...

Your block for Nanette looks great. This block was so much fun to make.
Hugs
donna

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older