Thursday, February 05, 2015

Pretty Things

Hi there friends! How are you?  Chilly here in Pam Kitty Village, well inside anyway, some days it seems like I live in an ice palace.  I just can't get this place warmed up.  It's been quite nice outside though, high 60s, low 70s. Seems pretty weird when the news  (and instagram) is filled with snow day photos and  I need to water my lawn.  And don't get me started on the weeds. As my cousin Linda might say, that's the price you pay for living in paradise.  Year round yard work
 
Pam Kitty Garden Bib
 
But instead of doing yard work, I've been working on quite a few things, some I can't show, but some of course that I can.  I was lucky to get one of Amy's books when she first offered up some advanced copies for sale.  I really wanted it just to look at the pictures, I didn't care if I made a single thing out of it, it's just that cute.  She has a lovely way of staging a photograph, and then the photograph itself is perfection.  I wrote about 20 sentences here but they all sound kind of weird borderline stalkerish, so I'll just say it's a great book and leave it at that. 
 
ANYWAY I'm not too far on the bib, I love the shape and the little ruffle. Amy has a lot of cute bib tutorials over on her blog, just check along the left side bar. The latest Quilts and More has her cute little chick potholders in the Scrap Lab. Until the book comes out there's plenty of chances to find something totally Amy to make.  
 
Ok you guys have a great rest of the week and a happy weekend! xo
 
 

5 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

Good Morning Pam! looking forward to a weekend to sew. I need to finish up a tee shirt quilt (why do we offer up these things) and then I can play with all the new fabric thats arrived including yours!

6:09 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Haha -- apparently we're on the same train -- I got Amy's book and made a little bib too -- love that pattern!

7:37 AM  
Blogger Leanne said...

That's such a sweet bib.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Speaking of bibs, babies and ruffles, can anyone refer me to an easy to understand tutorial about how to put a ruffle on a quilt? I've got the ruffle foot for my machine and am not sure where to go from there. I can even put the ruffler ON my machine! No easy feet! No pun intended. Thank you. ljbisme at msn dot com

8:24 PM  
Blogger Freda's Hive said...

You're killing me with everything you are getting done! Good job.

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older