Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Treating myself.

Yesterday I decided to have a "Treat Yo Self " The Sewing Edition day.
 
Anyway...maybe you don't have this problem, but sometimes I try and wring out every bit of use from something before I just toss it and move on.   You know, way past what normal people do.  Most people would need a new cover, buy it, and put it on.  Which after a month is what I've finally done.  Phew. 


Delux Ironing Board Cover
 
These are my favorite pins.  Back when I was working in the shop and people were first using them I just couldn't believe pins could make such a big difference.  Ha.  These pins changed my life.  And today another hundred will join the last 22 I have from the previous batch. That I have been limping along with.  FOR QUITE SOME TIME. Why didn't I just open them up instead of 'saving' them?  

Clover Patchwork Pins
 
I bet if I looked around I could find another blade for my rotary cutter. That could use changing too. 
 
 Lastly I treated myself to some recorded television.  I just discovered Vera on my local PBS station and loved it.  So I had my lunch with Vera and it was great.  All in all a good day.  I even fit in some sewing. It doesn't get any better than that right?
 
Hope you're having a good week!
 
P. S. how in the world is it the end of September?

7 Comments:

Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Ohmygosh. Now I've got a new series to watch. Thanks PKM!

5:03 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

They need to make more Vera episodes! Love her. She's my British twin - "of a certain age and a bit cranky"

5:20 AM  
Blogger folksmith said...

love Vera, need to watch the last season.

7:03 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Ha! I was watching Vera last night too. Nit that I would ever be that crabby...lol. You made me laugh with thus Pam, I have a little stash of "extras" but I have to be in dire straights to use them my go to pins are Little House so next time I see them will have to try Clovers version. Have a great day!

7:03 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

OMG...this is me! I have no idea why I'm so reluctant to move on, replace and revitalize my sewing supplies.

7:17 AM  
Blogger Bev said...

I've been watching Monarch of the Glen on Netflix. It's British and really awesome! There are 7 seasons! After that, I'll try to find the one you've been watching. Take care!

8:50 AM  
Blogger circle r motel said...

My mom is watching Vera but I've not found it here in Colorado. There are two new shows on Masterpiece though. One about India in the 1930s (Indian Summers?) and another about WWII just beginning. Both on Sunday night here in Colorado. Love the British shows!

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older