Thursday, October 15, 2015

Snapshots Gone Surfin'

Hi there! It's Snapshots day and this month is the Gone Surfin' block!  Super cute right?  This block was fast and fun to make.  I grew up on a steady diet of beach movies with Sandra Dee and Annette Funicello and living in California  cars with surfboards were a regular sight in the summer.  Everyone would head over to Santa Cruz for beach parties and surfing.. just like in the movies. 

SnapShots Car

Ok yeah, everyone didn't include me, I wasn't that cool, but I did see a lot of cars with surfboards, and you still do year round when you head over to Santa Cruz. 

SnapShots Car
 
I can't believe we're on the last row of our quilt!  Exciting right?  I really enjoy seeing everyone's blocks.  So many cute fabric and color combinations! 
 
Ok, you know the drill!  Head on over to the Fat Quarter Shop video to see how to make your own cute block!  Then download your pattern and get stitchin! 
 
 


10 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

Such a cute block Pam!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Freda's Hive said...

Funny. Loved wipe out.

1:15 PM  
Blogger greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

Your bug is so cute, as always! I'd be happy to have a floral surfboard. Love listening to Wipe Out too!

8:22 PM  
Blogger ferne said...

I lived in the Santa Cruz mountains for my high school years and in Los Gatos after I graduated for lots of years. Yeah, I was not a surfer girl, but that didn't stop me from going to Santa Cruz any chance I got!

8:54 AM  
Blogger Arachne646 said...

That reminds me of my childhood in Vancouver, BC, Canada, with my 2 little sisters, Mum took us to the beach all summer in her blue VW Beetle. Our calm Salish Sea is no good for surfing, but I remember seeing those round "boogie boards" skimming across the shallows.

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Peggy said...

Love this block! I grew up in Santa Cruz in the 60's (omg, so old) and loved it! Lots of time at the beach, and this brings back so many great memories! Thank you!!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love it - like Peggy we grew up around the beach and it always brings back memories.

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the block. Reading your comment, the kids that didn't invite you to the beach parties sure would be glad to invite you now! You're a cool chick now!

5:27 PM  
Blogger Jason Martin said...

Such a beautiful travel bus it is, loved your work.
meet and greet luton parking

11:10 PM  
Blogger Bebeb said...



KW



http://www.slotvivo.net/

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older