Friday, November 20, 2015

TGIF

Happy Friday! What a week, I was sure busy, how about you guys?   My week rounded out yesterday with hunting for something lost.  No, not that sewing ham again, although honestly I keep hoping I'll come across it.   I never did end up finding what I wanted but OMG I have way too much stuff.  I found some things I'd totally forgotten about   Recently my friend Rebecca posted a picture on instagram of her pyrex bowl set.  I have one,  and ran across it on my search.  FYI I apparently have a thing for bowls.

ANYWAY.... seeing those bowls got me thinking about Lori's cute bowls in her Farm Girl Vintage book, so I pulled out my scrap basket and got busy making a block.  How cute are Holly's Sunrise Studio 2  medium sized scallops on that bowl! 

Scallops
 
It was a no brainer for sure. The scallops easily cut into that 1 1/2 inch strip. You can see a lot of cute uses for that fabric here on Holly's Instagram Feed.  You can also see lots of variations on the Two By Two blocks from McCalls Quick Quilts.  Just to entice you to sew a long I'll tell you Fat Quarter Shop has the original scallops on sale.. you could get your red and green scallops half off.
 
Well what will I hunt for today? 
 
Have a good weekend friends!! xo

3 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

Cute as can be!

6:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pam you crack me up. I can imagine you sitting surrounded by bowls and fabric. Good luck finding that sewing ham.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Terry Conner said...

Love the bowls and the fabrics!

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older