Monday, February 22, 2016

Construction Zone

Good morning!  It's week two on the kitchen update.  It's been pretty painless.  Eric Dennett, our contractor, is probably the tidiest person ever known to work on a house.  We've had him here before, and so I already knew this.  I could only wish we were that tidy.  The countertops and appliances were removed and there' s not a spec of debris anywhere. 


Kitchen progress
 
I can't even complain too much about the inconvenience. Well honestly, I could because I'm a professional  complainer but it's not that bad.  Coffee is in the main bathroom in the hall.  My inexpensive Mr. Coffee has a timer, so for the first time in many years I set my coffee up at night and when I wake up fresh hot coffee is waiting.  Not as delicious as a cup brewed in a French press pot, but still, pretty good.  That's the taste of convenience.  I can stay in the back of the house and mind my own beeswax while Eric does his thing.  Quietly, and very politely. 

worktable
 
Still it's weird to have someone else in the house during the day.  I find it hard to concentrate.  I head off to my retreat the second weekend in March, and so I've tried to focus on cutting myself a quilt kit.  I'm not good a focusing in a group so cutting stuff out before hand is a must.  Of course I won't get near the amount of stuff done as anyone else, but I need something to do!  This will be something for me and I'll tell you all about it later.  In detail.  Every. Boring. Detail.  
 
Ok my friends!  I'm headed into a busy day of walking around the back of my house drinking coffee and pretending I'm busy.  Hope you have a good week! If you feel so inclined, tell me what you're working on. 
 
Oh wait!  Did you see all the QuiltCon postings on IG and Facebook?  What did you think?   Also, did you check in with Pat and Jane, another Splendid Sampler block is available! Melissa Corey is the designer of the third block, Lots of Love.  Check it out!
 
Alrighty, time to move it along! That coffee won't drink itself! xo

6 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

Can't wait to see your kitchen redo Pam. And a retreat, I am so jealous. I would love to one someday. Quiltcon was a lot of fun. I did a few classes, looked at the Quilts , visited with friends although I never met Monica. 😕and spent a little money.

6:33 AM  
Blogger Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I'll drink your coffee for you. Your kitchen redo sounds like it is going well. I hope the end result is exactly to your liking. I am enjoying seeing the QuiltCon pictures I have seen. There are never enough.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

I love your posts Pam! You just say it the way it is - and I can picture it all. Enjoy the 'new' kitchen when it is done!
Yes - I've been following along on the blocks and seen some QuiltCon postings as well. Keeps me motivated. Enjoy your Mr. Coffee machine - and don't forget to put the cup in when setting the timer :)!

11:06 AM  
Blogger etqulter said...

Hi, it is hard to find a good contrator... if he has a website leave a review or rate him on 'Angie's List' if you are a member... or write a letter he can use for future sales...

We all can use good press!

1:59 PM  
Blogger etqulter said...

Hi, it is hard to find a good contrator... if he has a website leave a review or rate him on 'Angie's List' if you are a member... or write a letter he can use for future sales...

We all can use good press!

2:00 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

Can't wait to see Kitchen and hear about your retreat. I'm organizing my next retreat coming up March 20th. Can't wait!

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older