Tuesday, May 17, 2016

All the Colors

Good morning!  Its a quick week for me, Thursday morning I'll be off for Quilt Market in Salt Lake City.  I love every aspect of the trip, including the drive.  Its long for sure, but I have so many great memories of making that drive a couple of times  with Elizabeth and then later on my own.  And remember when we drove through snow both on the way to market then again I had snow on my trip to see Nanette.   Good times.

Just had to share my lovely  painting from Pam Garrison.  I have been following along with her on her artisitic journey since I found blogs and started my own, which  ten years now.   I just can't stop looking at it and I'm so happy to have it.  From the second I saw it on Instagram I had to have it.  You can see a better photo of it over on Instagram here.

floristA

Probably not the best way to show it off but Frankie brought me some flowers and the composition and colors reminded me of the painting.  Frankie's friend Amy who is a floristA created this arrangement. I love how cute the name is, with the capital A for Amy and her partner's name is Ann I believe, so both A's, both floristAs.  Clever I thought. 

floristaA1
 
Their arrangements are very eclectic, using a variety of flowers, many of them old fashioned like those white stocks.  Yum my house smells like my childhood. My father used to always bring my mother big bouquets of stocks and their spicy scent would fill the house.  Anyway lovely.  Everytime I walk past them I drink it all in.
 
Ok, I hope to get back here, I'm working on getting my stuff together.  After market I'm heading to Nanette's for a few days of visiting and sewing and sightseeing.  CANNOT WAIT.  Be sure and check on my Instagram account if you want to see what I'm up to! xo

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

Drive careful!

6:27 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Beautiful choice on the painting. See you soon!

7:27 AM  
Blogger marilyn said...

Lucky you to have a "Pam Garrison". I've been following her for years also. Love her free spirit painting. Have fun at the fabric show.

7:33 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Have fun! Wish I was tagging long too!

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older